Figures

I was alone in the streets of an abandoned area that I had no idea where it was or how I had got here.

I wandered for what seemed like hours down the endless roads. I couldn't see much beyond a few metres in any direction and I couldn't look up to people's faces as they walked by sombrely.

Gradually the sound they made grew louder and clearer until I could hear them calling me to follow them.

I kept my head down and I continued walking but I didn't seem to be controlling myself.

I felt someone grab onto me and pick me up but they were gentle and their touch calmed me so I turned to see who it was.

Their face was not recognisable because all I could see was black when I looked at them. They carried me off the road I was on and out through a small passageway to a new one.

This road was completely different and full of large, towering houses with faded colour all around them. Some of the patterns seemed familiar but I couldn't stop to look at them because as soon as I was put down, I started to walk again.

Something made me turn to look behind me. I turned violently. Another unrecognisable figure stood close behind me. I was turned back to continue walking before I started to regain control of my body so I turned back to the figure because I as unsure of what he would do. He gave me a strange feeling in my stomach.

As I turned back to it, I saw it move its arm out to grip onto my shoulder but before its pale hand could reach me, I ran.

I ran as fast as my legs could carry me.

I ran and ran.

My legs grew tired so I looked for a place to stop and hide. Then I saw it : the only alleyway that I had seen on this road, so I darted round the corner into it.

And waited.

And waited.

This was all too much and I started to uncontrollably cry.

I heard a strange static notice growing louder.

And louder.

The sound became too much to bear so I sank down against the wall and looked up to where I had entered the alleyway and saw the figure standing over me with a weapon in its strange, slim hands.

It took slow steps towards me and I tried to run. Discovering that I had lost control of my body again, I just watched and waited for the pain that I knew was coming.

"GOODBYE" it shouted at my face. I could feel a hand on my shoulder.

I waited with my eyes closed for the pain to take over my body but the hand on my shoulder started to shake me violently.

"ROSS!" A familiar voice seemed to be calling me.

I opened my eyes slowly and to my surprise I saw MIKA next to me in the bed but seeing as I was still crying, he pulled me into his lap and hugged me tightly until I was calm.

We talked about what had happened in my nightmare while in the safety of each others embrace before deciding to go and get some food since we hadn't eaten in a few hours.

We sat down to eat and he suddenly looked up at me before asking me "what was it that we said you would tell me once we got back?"