Harmonies

We ran onto the stage and MIKA started to clap above his head.

"HELLO LONDON!"he screamed into his mic. The sound of his voice was like joyful thunder but to me it was as if he was already singing his calming songs gently into my ears.

I realised that he was actually shouting as loud as he could so I joined him. "FANCY MEETING YOU HERE GUYS!" I gestured towards everyone in the auditorium.

I grabbed my guitar excitedly and threw the star over my shoulder before turning to the band and grinning at them. They all grinned back as MIKA started to play the pre chorus and we sang.

The atmosphere was amazing and everyone was singing along. I put my guitar down and say with MIKA at the piano. He talked to the audience and explained some of his childhood. This was supposed to lead into the next few songs.

We sang over my shoulder together and I did the harmonies.

Once the song was done, MIKA subtly took my hand and pulled me off the stage s soon as we were out of everyone's view, he turned to me and took out one of my earpieces so we could talk.

"Let's go out into the crowd together. We have our Mocs so we can get people to sing and there is security all over the place to keep us safe." He rambled. I liked this side of him with his spontaneous ideas.

" sounds good. Just stay with me ok. I don't want to be alone in a crowd again" I was worried but I trusted him.

" tell me that story later. For now though sound scared so are you sure that it's ok. We don't have to go, it was just an idea." His smile faded slightly and the happiness was replaced with concern.

I nodded and he put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me close. We walked back onto the stage as his hand slid around my neck and down my arm to catch my hand and, without a word from either of us, we walked down into the auditorium.

"BAND, PLAY WE ARE GOLDEN!" He shouted over the screams and as the song started to play, he signalled for me to sing.

After I sang through a chorus, the two of us started to hold out our mics to to some screaming fans and they sang the song for us.

At the end of the song we wondered back to the front of the stage and I finally felt ok to let go of his hand. The stage provided a small barrier between me and the mass of people in front of me. I felt safe there with the band.

---

The band started to play underwater and MIKA and I were sat together on stalls near the front of the stage. Our mics were on stands in front of us and I was playing my guitar.

We sang through the song to the last chorus when the band continued to play while MIKA and I explained to all those people who were watching, what we would be trying to do.

Once we had explained we got them to try what we had told them. They all sang and the effect was breathtaking

" lights" MIKA told the technicians to give them the sign that we were ready to drop the lights.

"On the count of three" I told the audience once the lights were out" one...two...three" they all sang together.

It sounded like a chorus of angels and it was perfect. So we did it over and over again, each time counting them in.

MIKA joined in and stopped counting each time so I decided to sing the 'with your love we can breath, we can breath underwater'

"Wow. That has never worked so well" he giggled in astonishment.

" you lot are angels!" I agreed with him. " I'm going to go get a drink" I told him as I walked off the stage. The band hadn't left yet so I was sure it would be alright.

"I'll join you" he smiled. He ran after me. " the band will play an instrumental" he disappeared out of their view.

We laughed and ran back to the dressing room.

"Are you ok?" He asked while I opened the dressing room door.

"Yeah. I just needed a moment to prepare myself for what we are about to tell everyone" I told him as I had a drink.

"Me too." He added " we'll be ok. I think today is the perfect time to tell them especially as we haven't exactly been hiding it. We have been holding hands a lot!" He giggled.

" I guess so. I'm ready to do this if you are."

"Let's do it. We have each other as backup" he took my hand and we got back to the stage.

" sorry about that" I smiled to the crowd of people on my left.

I quickly gave the band a thumbs up and they slowly left the stage while we got back to our stalls at the front.