Moments like this

After MIKA and I got up, dressed and ready, we drove down to the hotel by the hospital. We unpacked and had lunch out and went back to the hotel room.

"Shall we have a look at things for the wedding seeing as we have some extra time and there's not much to do around here?" MIKA pulled me into his lap and rested his head on my shoulder while I looked at places on the computer.

He placed gentle kissed on my neck while I researched. I showed him the venues but none seemed right. It was hard to find what was right but we still had a month and any extra time on tour.

The sky grew dark and we began the guest list but soon gave up. I shut the computer off and leant back into MIKA, his body like a comfort blanket, engulfing me in warmth and protecting me from the world.

"I love moments like this. It feels as though the world is at peace and all is right. Perfect" I twisted on his lap and nuzzled into his neck.

"It makes the world feel safe and calm." MIKA agreed.

Man, I love this dude. Without him my life would be so different and difficult.

He kissed me forcefully yet carefully and lovingly.

---

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

I sat up and grabbed my phone. Turning the alarm off, I jumped out of bed, showered and got ready to go.

"Happy surgery day!" MIKA shuffled into the small kitchen area of our room. His eyes were closed and he looked asleep. It was adorable.

"Thanks baby. Happy 7am!" I joked, pulling him into me for a hug.

He was in his dressing gown so he was fluffy and soft. It just made it harder to let go of him and let him get ready but free a while we released one another from our grips and finished getting ready.

We got to the hospital and signed me in before I was given a room and a gown.

"What are you going to do while I'm out?" I asked, sitting next to MIKA and taking his hand in mine.

"Wait for you. There's nothing to do around he and I'm too nervous to think straight." MIKA was looking down. He looked worried so I wrapped my arms around him

"I'll be ok. It's not life threatening surgery" I smiled and squeezed him tight causing him to hug me back.

He nodded and kissed my neck. I could feel the anxiety radiating off him yet I could tell that he was excited.

"I'll be right there as soon as I can see you." MIKA told me.

"I know you will and I can't wait for that time." I grinned.

The next few hours were what I had wanted for years and the fact that MIKA, the man I'm soon to marry, was there with me made it a whole lot better. He was almost as excited as me!

Before too long, the nurses came and I was taken off for surgery

"I love you" MIKA whispered as he kissed me.

"I love you too" I pulled him in for a quick hug.

'This is it' I told myself. 'Here we go!'