Practice

I felt so safe with MIKA. I knew that if anything happened at that concert when we tell people, we would protect each other.

"What about school though. What if they found out?"I asked him nervously.

"I will be there to keep you safe. Text me if people do and I'll come and sort them out. It doesn't affect them anyway. It does effect us but we are in love so we can't be broken." He pulled me into a hug and I kissed him.

After a while I heard someone cough at the door of the studio. Both of our heads shot round to see the short man at the door.

"Sorry if I'm interrupting but I heard you say that the song was done when I walked past a couple of hours ago and I have a break now so I was wondering if I could hear it."

MIKA blushed a bright red. I could feel my cheeks go a little red too but I don't think mine was half as bad as his.

"Er...sure" MIKA stuttered, shocked and then he took my hand and lead me out to the computer. He pressed play and we listened to the song together as the awkwardness slowly left us.

"Wow guys. That's amazing." The man smiled."also you guys make a good couple" and with that he left us in peace.

We burst out in laughter as. Soon as he closed the door and I told MIKA how red his face had gone.

"It was cute but funny" I commented

"Shut up!" He looked at the ground so I lifted his chin, causing him to look back into my eyes.

"It was cute ok baby. Don't be shy..." I told him

"I told you to shut up!" He giggled before tickling me.

"Ahhh! And... I told...you... It... was...cute!...please...MIKA...stop... ahh...stop!...baby..." I managed to say between laughing.

"Sorry I didn't quite catch that!" He laughed as he lowered me to the ground and continued to tickle me mercilessly.

"JUST KISS ME!" I screamed

"Yes sir" he stopped tickling me and straddled me before giving me his hand and helping me sit up. "Gladly" he whispered, his face just inches away from mine so I could feel his warm breath before he pulled me into him and pressed his lips against mine

"Let's practice for the concert since its on Wednesday and we have just about a week. " he grinned putting out his hand to help me up.

"Wait. Wednesday. I have school so we won't be able to practice before sound check" I took his hand and stood up. I was nervous to perform with him but I knew that it would all be ok because he was there with me.

"I'm going to ask your school if I can pick you up at 12ish so that we can do some practice." He smiled and handed me the guitar "sound good?"

"Yeah. Can I tell my class that I'm doing a concert though?" I questioned hopefully.

"If you're happy to. It's at the O2 by the way so it's kinda a big deal!"

"Cool. Thanks MIKA"

"Thanks for agreeing to it"

"Thanks for agreeing to be my boyfriend!"

He just smiled and stared to play a song that I knew very well. I had already learnt the chords to this one.

"Love is a drug and you are my cigarette. Love is addiction and you are my nicorette" he sang and I joined in on the chorus.

I sand the second verse and he harmonised. This was how most of the songs went - one of us would sing and the other would do a harmony.

"Sounds great!" said someone at the door so I turned to see who it was but when I did this I saw a few people.

"Oh hi guys!"MIKA smiled and then he turned to me "Ross, meet the band".

"Oh... Hi guys. It's good to finally meet you after seeing you from a distance from audiences. I'm guessing that you're here to practice for the concert." I shook their hands and went back to MIKA because I was a bit nervous.

"Yeah. That would be correct" one of them answered.

"Right guys, set up. We've got a new one for you to learn!" MIKA said and he held my hand before whispering into my ear so that only I could hear "it's ok baby. Breathe and keep calm. I'm right here by your side."

I squeezed his hand and then we showed the band the new song we had written. I began to calm down and relax a bit but I was still stressed and I didn't know why.

I thought MIKA could sense that something wasn't right so he took me out for lunch and let the others stay back to practice.

"What's wrong baby?" He asked as we got into the car.

"I don't know. I think it's just a bit too much to process at once. I'm performing with a new group of people and I'm doing it at the O2. That's a lot to me."

"I'm here for you Ross. I can hold your hand. Don't forget that we decided we will tell them about us so we can stay together in the show. It will be ok. Just do what you are comfortable with doing."

He placed his hand on my knee and stroked it reassuringly.

"I think I just needed to step away for a minute to process everything." I took his hand and held onto it tightly."thank you  MIKA. I love you."

"I love you too."

After lunch we headed back to continue our rehearsal and get things sorted for the concert.