The stage

Max closed the door behind us and I looked around at all the trucks that were parked up.

"They have all the things that we will be using on Wednesday in" MIKA gestured toward the trucks with his free hand.

I tightened my grip on his hand as the nerves began to beat me up on the inside

"It's ok. We can set up today and then if we have time, we will practice. We are more prepared than you think baby" he whispered into my ear so that Max couldn't hear before pulling me in for a hug.

I held onto him tightly. He seemed so calm but I guess he has don't this before and I haven't.

"Guys, did you hear that we sold out this morning!" Max shouted back to us before laughing to himself and going in through the performers entrance

I could feel my hands start to shake as my nerves became anxiety. I know that MIKA could feel me shaking so he pulled he in closer and started to run his hands through my hair. I could feel tears start to stream down my face.

"It's going to be ok baby. Everyone coming to see us knows that you aren't a very experienced performer. They will enjoy it no matter what sorry not to worry. I'll be with you to keep you safe" he reassured me.

"I love you MIKA" I managed to say after I calmed down and was ready to go in and set up.

"I love you too Ross. Now let's go and kick some ass!" He grinned and we went in the performers entrance

We entered a large room with a few people rushing around with instruments, boxes and colourful sets.

We managed to find our way round to the dressing rooms and the alleyways that lead to different stage doors

"This is our dressing room and down there are the band's. Then this way is the stage" MIKA showed me around.

The corridors seemed endless and confusing but like MIKA said, he wouldn't leave my side and I knew he wouldn't. We were even sharing a dressing room!

I was lead down one of the stage entrances and before I could see it, MIKA turned to me and covered my eyes.

" it's breathtaking the first time you see it so I want your first look to be from centre stage" his voice came from behind me as he carefully guided me onto the stage. " are you ready?"

" I guess so" I couldn't get rid of the anxiety

"3...2...1...open!"MIKA moved his hands from my eyes and wrapped his arms around me from behind as I opened my eyes and saw all the seats "those will be filled with people here to see us!" He told me before gently kissing my neck, causing me to finally relax a little.

"This is amazing" I giggled "thank you for bringing me here to do this" I turned to kiss him quickly but it lasted longer than intended.

"You're welcome baby!" He smiled and hugged me before calling in the sound technicians

We were given ear pieces and the microphones were placed at the front of the stage in mic-stands. MIKA put his ear pieces on and put one in his ear before helping me with mine because it was my fist time using them.

"Can we have the mics on please?" MIKA shouted to the people in the wings. " ok Ross, you're going to need to learn how to use the ear pieces to your advantage so first let's just talk into the mics to give you a feel for what it's like and how it works." He took the microphones out of the stands and handed me one before speaking into his own. " so Ross how do you feel standing here on the stage and preparing for the concert?" He asked in a comical radio voice.

"I'm better now that you're here with me thanks Bob. You took your time getting here didn't you?!" I tried to act serious but couldn't contain my laughter. Our voices sounded interesting through the ear pieces so I spoke again " how are you though?"

" I feel very insulted by you complain about me being late!" He put his mic in the stand Attached to the colourful piano and began to play a tune quietly but I recognised it." I BLAME IT ON THE GIRLS!" He shouted before sitting and playing the tune as loudly as I think was humanly possible. He sang the chorus through with me singing harmony while I was handed a guitar and I started to join in with the chords. "Band assemble!" He giggled.

The band came and joined us one by one until we were all there. We played blue eyes and talk about you before MIKA left the piano and grouped the band together in the middle of the stage to discuss underwater.

"Ross and I will ask the audience to sing the chorus and we'll drop the lights so that we can't be seen. That way the effect will be greater. Imagine the whole audience singing at once!"

" you did that in London a few months ago MIKA!" I giggled but then remembered how good an effect it was with the lights on and only a couple of hundred people. " actually with a few thousand people, it will be amazing. Let's do it!"

"We will stay and play quietly but we should do underwater near the end so once we have done it, we will leave you guys to do whatever it was that you were going to do on your own at the end" Max suggested and as he said the last part, MIKA and I looked at each other and couldn't help but smile.

I was exited to announce our relationship and I thought I was a great way to end the show especially with the brilliant thing that we were going to do with underwater before it.