Chapter 58: Movie Night

Penelope's P.O.V.

Two weeks after everything with Sev, I was still on bed rest because Adam was worried I would suddenly collapse. 

Even with everyone telling him he should let me walk around a bit, he gets possessive saying that I need to full recover before I can go outside.

I blew the hair that was in front of my eyes, looking through the window. I sighed, bored. "Hey Penny. I brought you some breakfast."

I turned around and saw Adam's mother holding a tray with two plates and a drink. She placed it on the table that was connected to the bed and sat down.

"Are you okay, dear?" She asked me when she noticed I didn't move. I just nodded my head and moved towards the bed.

I grabbed the fork and the knife, cutting the pancake into fourths. I ate slowly, drinking the milk whenever I started a new piece.

"Where's Adam?" I asked Ophelia. "He's catching up on pack business." She said, smiling at me. I finished the last piece of the pancake and I fell backwards onto the bed.

"Do you mind going out with me to buy some groceries for the pack? We're running low and have a lot of bellies to feed." She asked me.

"Really? I mean, if you don't mind me coming with you, then I'll be glad to help you." I said, getting up from the bed.

"Great! I'll get you some clothes that you can change into and we'll be on our way!" She skipped out of the door, and was back in seconds.

"Shouldn't we tell Adam or Thomas about this?" I asked her when she opened the car door. "It's fine, dear! They're too busy with pack work that they won't notice we're gone! It'll be quick too."

She started the engine, reversed out of the garage and made her way onto a dirt path.

"Oh! Here's the list." She dug through her pockets and pulled out a neatly folded paper.

I unfolded it, and it rolled down to where my feet was. I stared at it bewildered.

"Look, we're almost here." She pointed out. The parking was packed, but we managed to find a space decent enough to walk back and forth.

Ophelia grabbed a cart and took the list from my hands. "We'll get the meats first, then snacks, then fruits and drinks! Of course you can get something yourself, but let's save that for the very end." I nodded my head at her, following close behind so I wouldn't get lost.

----

We walked out of the grocery store, both of us holding at least five bags. Ophelia opened the trunk, and started loading it.

Once we were done, we got into the car and started heading back towards the pack. "Do you want some ice cream? They're the best in town." She asked me.

"Sure." I said, not wanting to decline.

We arrived there in a few minutes, getting out of the car and towards the little place.

When we opened the door, a bell ringed and one of the cashiers greeted us. "What would you like?" Ophelia asked me.

I looked through the menu, "A medium strawberry topped with white chocolate chips, please." I said politely.

She nodded her head and went towards the cashier, who was waiting patiently for us. Ophelia ordered for us and we waited for out desserts.

"Did Adam propose yet?" Ophelia suddenly asked. I blushed, looking away. "No."

I heard her chuckle, "It's fine. Thomas didn't propose to me until I was pregnant with Adam! He was too scared that I would say no."

We heard a bell ring and saw our desserts next to the cashiers. Ophelia thanked them before we left the little shop and went into the car.