Chapter 8: Party Invitation

Penelope's P.O.V.

There was enough room between Adam and I for her to squeeze in, which she did. I moved closer to Charlie not wanting to touch her.

"Hey." She purred, I'm guessing to Adam. I didn't hear him respond, so I'm assuming he didn't hear her or he's ignoring her.

"Babe, what's wrong?" Veronica asked. Adam growled at that. "Listen, we are not in a relationship. We never will be. Can't you ge-" He got caught off by something.

I looked up and saw that Veronica has leaned over and kissed him. For some reason I felt jealousy from my wolf, I think.

Adam pushed her away and wiped his lips with his sleeve. I quickly looked down once he looked at me, I just started eating on my apple again.

The bell rung after seconds later. I sprung out of my seat and walked quickly towards the door.

I let out the breathe I didn't know I was holding, before going to my next class. Going to Art, I grab my canvas where I left it the day before.

I had finished my sketch of the scenery and started painting. I grabbed my needed paint colors and paintbrushes.

Soon enough Adam, Charlie, and I think Mason walks through the door. Charlie sits next to me happily. "Hi, Penelope!" She says cheerily. "Hi." I replied quietly.

Charlie didn't speak after that, but I did see glances from her time to time.

In the middle of the period, the art teacher called me. "Penelope?" He said. I looked up when he said my name. "Would you please come here?"

I put my paintbrush down and walked over to his desk. "I've seen your artwork, it is absolutely amazing. I was wondering if you would like the enter the art show that is coming up this Friday?"

I thought about it for a few minutes. I was about to decline, but my wolf encourages me to go. "O-Okay." I said.

He smiled, "Great! I'll see you on Friday?" I nodded. "Oh, if you had painted anymore paintings you can choose which one you would like to enter." I nodded again.

I went back to my seat and began painting again. I decided that I would enter this one. Charlie nudged me, "What did the teacher want with you?" She asked. "He wanted to know if I would like to enter the art show." I replied quietly.

"Did you say yes?" She asked another question, I nodded. "When is it?" Charlie  questioned. "This Friday." I replied.

"Where is it?" I shrugged.

I kept answering the questions that was firing out of Charlie's mouth while painting. About half and hour later, the bell rung.

I put away the supplies I had used and quickly left the room with my canvas. The rest of the day went by quickly and before I knew it I was standing in front of my AP math class. I entered the room and saw the teacher at his desk doing some paper work.

"Ah, I've been expecting you." He said, setting his glasses down, folding his hands on his desk and looking at me.

"I've looked at your old high school reports, seems like you haven't gotten a detention?" He asked. I shook my head.

"As to that, this time only I'll let you go. If it happens again, you will be put in detention." I nodded my head.

"You may go."

I grabbed the door knob and twisted it, leaving the room. I went out and walked through the halls. It was mostly deserted but some people still roamed the hallways.