Chapter 47: Sev

Adam's P.O.V.

I got up from the bed and decided to go for a walk in the middle of the night. I grabbed a sweatshirt before leaving the room.

I gently closed the front door, not wanting to wake anyone up. I out my hands in the pockets of the sweatshirt and continued walking into the forest.

About fifteen minutes in, I heard footsteps. I stopped and looked at my surroundings. I saw people a few hundred feet away from me.

"H-Help us. P-Please." I heard a feminine voice call out. There was a girl holding up another figure that looked bigger than her.

They collapsed on the floor, and I quickly went to them. I sniffed the air, they didn't smell like rouges. When I took a closer look at them, the male looked like Penelope.

I heard growls and five wolves appeared with a man in the middle. He grinned at me and the wolves took the people in their mouths.

I growled at them, but the man shook his finger. "Alpha Adam, nice to meet you again." 

"Who are you and what are you doing on my land?" I growled out, seeing the three rouges coming closer.

"I am Sev. The commander of these rouges." I stared at him, it didn't look like he was lying. "You didn't answer my other question."

"I am simply retrieving what belongs to me." Sev said, petting one of the wolves. 'Get them back.' My wolf suddenly says.

'Why?' I asked Noah. 'They smell like mate.' Was all he said before retreating into the back of my mind.

"Who are they." I asked, pointing to the unconscious werewolves. "Ah, you already know who they are, why bother introducing them again?"

Sev's eyes glazed over for a few seconds before walking backwards into the shadows. "I'm afraid I have to go, Alpha Adam. 'Till the next time we meet."

Sev disappeared into the darkness leaving me with my own thoughts. I already knew them? I thought back of what my wolf said a couple of minutes ago, they smell like mate.

What's that supposed to mean? I growled and punched a tree. I quickly stripped out of my clothes and shifted into my wolf.

I took my clothes in my mouth and ran back to the pack house. I morphed back to my human form and put my clothes back on. I opened the door and closed it gently before going back upstairs to my room.

Penelope was awake, looking out of the window and turned around when she heard the door creek open.

"Adam?" She said. I walked closer to her and sat down next to her, "Hm?" I replied, throwing my sweatshirt somewhere on the floor.

"Do you think I'm normal?" She asked me, laying down on my lap. "Why wouldn't you be normal?" I questioned her.

"Every time I go out, I always see people staring at me in fear or something." Penelope mumbled. "Is it because I'm half rouge?" She looked up at me.

"It doesn't matter what you are, you're my mate and the Luna of this pack." I said softly.

"I'm scared if I hurt them. What if I suddenly loose control because of the monster? I don't want to hurt anyone." I could see tears filling her beautiful eyes.

I picked her up and put her on my lap, her head now resting on my shoulder, "You're not going to hurt anyone, sweetheart."

"But what if I do?" She said, I felt her tears falling on my shirt. "You won't." I assured her.

She didn't say anything back, so we were sitting there in silence.

"Adam?" Penelope said again. "Yeah?"

"Do you have any work that you have to do?" She asked me. "No, why?"

"Because I want to go somewhere.." She said, playing with the hem of her shirt. "Where?" I asked her, shifting my position slightly.

"I don't know, I don't like being here alone. Charlie, Leanne and Eve needs some time with their mates too." Penelope said quietly.

I smiled at her, "Sure we can go somewhere tomorrow." Her eyes lit up, "Really?" I nodded my head.

"Wait," Penelope said, "What about school?"

"I already told the principal, he says it's fine because he knows we're bust with all the pack work and stuff." I told her.

She shrugged her shoulders, "Okay."

We talked, laughed and watched a movie. We stayed up until the sun came up because Penelope said she wasn't tired.

Penelope and I were under the blankets, trying to find another movie. When Penelope found the one she wanted to watch, someone knocked on the door.

"Who is it?" I said in annoyance. "It's your wonderful Beta." Cameron said, opening the door. Dang it, I forgot to lock the door.

I scowled at him, "What do you want?" I said, hearing Penelope yawn. "Your mother wants to see Penelope."

"Do you know why?" I asked him, Penelope slowly getting away from my grip to go dress probably.

"I don't question orders." Cameron said. I rolled my eyes at him and got out of bed. "Tell her we'll be down there in a few minutes." He nodded and strolled down the hallway.

Penelope came out of the bathroom with leggings and one of my sweatshirts. I offered my hand and she took it without hesitation.

I smiled at her actions and started to take her down the hallway, where Cameron went. "Wait, you're going to go out like that?" Penelope asked me.

I looked at what I was wearing, just sweatpants. I smirked, "What's wrong with what I'm wearing now?" I asked her.

She blushed, and shook her head, "Never mind."

"Wait here, I'll get a shirt." I sprinted back into the room and quickly found one of my shirts and put it on.

I go back into the hallway and saw Penelope at the end. She smiled at me and ran. I growled playfully, and chased after her.

I heard her giggle as I ran after her. She was about to go down the stairs, but I grabbed her waist before she could take a step down.

I turned her around and she was smiling. "Piggy back ride?" She asked innocently. "Fine." I said after a while.

I turned around and bent down, Penelope hopped on my back, wrapping her legs around my waist.

"Hold on." I warned her. I grinned and ran down the stairs, she squealed and held on tighter.

When we got to the bottom, I let her down. I grabbed her waist again and twirled her around, "Where's my pay?" I asked.

She put her index finger on her chin, like she was thinking. Penelope went on her tip toes and pressed her lips on mine for a quick second.

"There." She said, smiling. I was about to say I wanted another one, but she turned around and ran away from me, again.

----