Chapter 37: I Just Want To Relax

Penelope's P.O.V.

I slowly opened my eyes, and was met with darkness. I tried sitting up, since I was placed on the floor with a blanket on me, but a sharp pain came from my abdomen.

I slowly inhaled and started to lie back down. "Penelope?" I heard a familiar voice.

"Are you okay?" Adam said, his face coming in view. "What happened?" I manage to croak out, but sounded more like a groan.

"We were in an accident, but the nearest pack saved us. After I woke up, we were attacked by the rouges, which I think attacked us earlier."

"Oh." Was all I said.

"We're going back to the pack house, but Trey's pack is coming along with us. Their pack got destroyed."

I nodded my head, and gently Adam carried me bridal style. We walked back to a car and a person I did not know was waiting in the driver's seat.

"Wait for the female Gamma, the Betas and my mother." Adam said to the driver. "Yes, Alpha." He said, starting up the engine.

"Oh! Goodness. I thought someone took you, or ever worse!" Ophelia said, while she hopped into the passengers seat.

The driver drove off into the dirt path and onto a highway. I looked out of the window, watching the trees zoom past us.

We reached another dirt path, and following it until a garage came into view. The driver parked neatly into an open space and opened the door for Ophelia first, than us.

"Thank you." Adam's mother said. He bowed his head again, showing a little smile.

Adam carried me upstairs and put me down on his bed.

"Penelope, I'm sorry for early." Adam suddenly said. "For marking you."

"Water.." I said the best I could. He handed me a glass of water that was on his nightstand.

I drank it all after a few seconds, and handed him back the glass.

I cleared my throat and said, "I'm not upset about you marking me, in a way I am, but my wolf and I were scared. You were calm, and then your wolf looked like it was ready to kill." I said to him.

His face was relieved, but only for a few seconds. "The marking was bound to happen anyways." I whispered.

I curled up into a ball the best I could without hurting myself. 'Ace?' I called out. Times like this I wish my wolf wouldn't leave me.

'Noah and Adam are really sorry. They keep apologizing to me and saying that I should tell you.' 

'I'm not mad at them, sort off..' I said closing my eyes. 'Adam had to leave but he said he'll be back. He needs to show the other pack that is staying here where they will be staying. Noah'll keep you company. I'll still be here, though.'

'Mhm.' I said, about to go to sleep but a new voice joined my head. 'Er.. How do I start off? Oh! Hi!' My male voice said. 'Noah's the name.' I imagined him winking at me.

'I'm sorry for marking and scaring you.' Noah said apologetically. 'It's fine.'

My wolf started talking to him, but never cared that I was still listening.

All their thoughts, were shared between them, and were they horny.

I blocked them out and tried to go to sleep, but couldn't. I stood up slowly, trying to walk over to the bathroom.

I winced as I stood up. I walked towards the bathroom, with help from the walls. There were already new clothes waiting at the sink.

I started the bath and peeled off my clothes I had ever since the accident.

I hoped in and letting out a sigh when I felt the warm water relax my tense muscles. I stayed in the warm tub for a while before washing my hair and body.

I got out of the shower and slowly made my way back to the bed and saw the Adam was in the room. He smiled at me before kissing me on the forehead and going into the bathroom.

I sighed and crawled back in bed. I was half expecting Adam to join me on the bed, but instead he went straight to the couch.

"Adam?" I whispered. "Hm?" He hummed in response. I stood up and carefully walked towards the couch. "C-Can I join?" I asked when I saw him propped on one of the couch's arm.

"Sure." He replied, trying to make room for me. I easily fit in the small space he provided me and he wrapped his arms around my body.

I turned around so I could face him. I stared up at him, trying to figure him out.

He chuckled, "Don't think too hard, Penny."

"Are you still mad at yourself?" I questioned, looking down. "No. Not anymore. I realized that you already forgave me. But I am still sorry for marking you." Adam said, moving his arm somewhere else.

"It's fine.. Not really." I whispered the last part to myself. "What do you mean by 'not really?'" Adam said, shifting his position.

"You still blame yourself for marking me. I was just scared and thought you would kill me or something." I confessed, "I just want to relax and spend time with you, but I guess that's too much to ask."

"You know well that neither me or my wolf will never harm you." Adam said, playing with my hair. "I know you and Noah wouldn't, but my fear overtook me" I whispered.

"I'm still not use to being treated like this. Like everyone cares about me. Only Phoenix and Cynthia cared about me."

"Don't worry, we'll be there every step you make." I yawned and snuggled myself into his chest more.

"Tired?" He said, laughing a bit. I nodded my head. "Don't I get a goodnight kiss?" He asked and I shook my head.

He lifted me up a little and I squealed. He placed me on top of his chest, "Where's my goodnight kiss?" Adam smiled.

I shrugged, "I don't know." I said, a smile plastering on my lips.

He lifted me up and captured my lips with his. It was a sweet, slow kiss. I found myself moving my lips with his, but it ended all too quickly when he pulled back.

I placed my ear where his heart was, and I could hear the steady beat. I closed my eyes, and before I fell asleep, I heard Adam say, "Good night."

----