Chapter 15: Questioning

Penelope's P.O.V.

As I was drawing, Phoenix and Cynthia were staring at my intently, like I was going to answer them.

I was focused on my drawing, not bothered by their heated gaze. 

Once I finished, I hesitantly showed it to my brother and his mate. It was a drawing of Phoenix and Cynthia shouting back and forth.

"Wow. This looks amazing." Cynthia complimented. I mumbled a quiet 'thank you'. I never been complimented on my artwork, since I don't show it to someone.

A doctor came in and said, "Sorry, visiting hours are over." Phoenix nodded to him and the doctor left the room.

"We'll see you tomorrow." Phoenix promised. He kissed my forehead, so did Cynthia, before leaving the room.

The door shut, it would have been dark but no one shut off the lights.

I sighed and laid back down, my wolf feeling tired also.

Before I went to oblivion, I head my wolf say, 'G'night.'

I woke up with a start, feeling sweaty.

It's just a bad dream. Just a bad dream. I kept chanting in my head.

Feeling in need to wash my face, I threw my legs over the bed, trying to steady myself on the floor. It was extremely difficult, especially when I hadn't walked for weeks.

I grabbed everything close to me, nearly bringing down a vase of flowers. I finally reached the bathroom and closed the door.

I splashed my face with cold water, and looked into the reflection. My hair was a mess, due to the nightmare, I had bags under my eyes, and I looked paler than before.

I sighed and looked for anything sharp, to my disappointment, there was nothing sharp enough to cut me.

I frowned deeply before I rubbed my temple. I have a major headache. Weird, I never get headaches.

I went back to the uncomfortable hospital bed, thinking about Adam. I just keep having him on my head constantly. I really like him, I do. I'm just afraid if he doesn't like me back, rejecting me like the other people. I just feel like I'm not good enough for him.

What if I mess up? What if he find another person, leaving my heartbroken? What if he realizes that I wasn't worth it, his time?

My headache got worse, but thinking about him was easing my headache, but at the same time, it's not.

More questions flew around my mind, bouncing off one side to another, wanting to blurt it out. I put my head in my hands, pulling my legs up so it can touch my flat chest.

I heard a beeping sound get louder and faster, but it didn't matter to me at the moment. I was scared, I don't even know what I was scared of. No one's here but me.

The room started to begin to spin. Black dots were starting to swarm my vision. I curled up to one side that was facing the window, before my vision was covered in darkness.

----

Adam's P.O.V.

My wolf panicked when he felt something odd. We rushed to where my mate was. I saw a nurse coming out of Penelope's room, she saw me running towards her, bowing her head in submission.

"What happened?" I growled out, my wolf wanting to take over. She whimpered, but told me what was going on, "O-Our Luna fainted, Alpha." She told me.

I rushed past her and went into the room where Penelope was being taken care of. She was laying down, her heart beat was unusually faster than a normal werewolf.

The same nurse came into the room, "Before I came in, she seemed like she was having a heart attack, or maybe a panic attack." She explained, with more confidence this time.

My wolf growled when my mate was having a heart attack. 

"Is she going to be okay?" I asked, the nurse nodded. I let out a sign of relief before sitting down on a chair near the hospital bed.

"When is she going to wake up?" I questioned. "She should be awakening in a few hours or in a day." The doctor answered.

I nodded my head before Phoenix came barging into the room. "Is she okay?" He asked frantically. All I did was nodded my head.

His eyes soften when it landed on her.

I cleared my throat, making him look at me, "Do you mind if I asked a few questions about Penelope?" I asked him, he nodded his head absent mindly.

"When's her birthday?" I asked.

"December 24, 1999." He answered.

Shes's 16? 

"Do you know her favorite flowers?" I asked.

He looked at me weirdly before answering, "She likes dandelions, if those counts."

"Do you know when I can-" I stopped mid sentence when I heard her groan. I quickly looked over to the bed and saw Penelope waking up.

Her eyes fluttered opened before closing, probably because the lights blinded her.

"Penny?" Phoenix said. "Hm?" Was he only response before opening those beautiful eyes. Her eyes widened as she saw me, and tried patting her hair down.

Phoenix saw this, and smirked. After a few seconds of silence, my mate started blushing a deep red. She pulled the covers up more to cover her body, my wolf did not like this. He growled in my head, 'She should be be ashamed of her body! And she should never cover her body.' He said, clawing inside my head.

"Wh-What are we g-going to be d-doing n-now?" He shaky voice said. "You'll need rest, first of all, you have to stay in the hospital over night to check a few things." I said, beating Phoenix.

"Oh." She said, laying down and facing her brother. Once again, my wolf growled. 'Chill, she'll be running in our arms in no time.' I assured my wolf. He somewhat calmed down, but could not get over the fact that his mate was not facing him.

"I'll be taking my leave, take care, Penelope." I said, not wanting to really leave her. "Bye." She said quietly peeking her head out of her comforter.

I smiled before opening the door and leaving.

I let out a sigh of relief before telling Cameron that she was okay.  He nodded his head, his creases leaving his forehead, "Just cautious of our Luna." He explained, I nodded in agreement.

I went up to my Father's office, knocking on the door. Just because I was soon-to-be Alpha, doesn't mean that I don' have manners.

"Come in." He voice said. I opened the doors and saw my dad typing on his computer, glasses on the edge of his nose.

He stopped typing and looked at me, "What do you need, son?" He asked, placing his glasses down.

I fiddled with my thumbs nervously, "Well, you know I met my mate," I started, he nodded his head, telling me to continue, "well, I wanted to invite her and her family over for dinner with us." I said.

My dad had a serious face before laughing, "Of course you can!" 

"Penelope isn't quite used to crowds, so could we start with our family, the Betas and Gammas?" He nodded again, "When will it be?"

"Around next week? That sound good?" I asked, he nodded his head again, "My schedules are cleared around that time."

"Okay. Thank you." I said. My father smiled, "Anytime."

----