Chapter 43: I Want To Join

Penelope's P.O.V.

"It's going to be alright."

After he said that I couldn't go to sleep. Questions were running through my head. It was three in the morning, and Adam was already asleep.

I still can't help but think that it's my fault that his pack is in danger. 'It's our pack too.' My wolf said. 'I guess it is...'

I carefully wiggled out of Adam's hold and put on my fluffy socks, don't like the cold floor touching my feet.

I opened the door and closed the door gently. I walked down the hallway and went into the living room. 

Everyone was asleep, and I didn't know where I was going. I let my feet take me around the pack house, and eventually went outside.

I found slippers that are to be worn outside and went to the bench that looked like a big swing. I took a seat, and it started swinging slowly.

When I saw the sun peeking through the horizon, I wanted to draw it for some reason. My hands were itching to get hold of a pencil and a paintbrush.

I quickly went inside, making sure my footsteps were light and went into a room I knew was filled with art supplies.

I discovered this place not so long ago and Adam told me that barely anyone uses it. I took a medium sized canvas, took a pencil and brushes.

It was hard to carry, but I placed everything on the canvas and lifted it up so the supplies wouldn't fall off.

I sat back on the swinging chair, as I like to call it now, and saw that the sun went up a little. I drew the horizon first, then slowly started to outline the sun's shape.

I drew quick sketches of the trees, covering the horizon line I drew. I added some birds and light clouds with it, it seemed appropriate.

I switched the pencil with a paint brush, dipped it into the water that I had to make another trip for, and swirled it in the color I wanted.

Once I was done painting, I compared it to the sun, even though almost half of it was up. "It's beautiful." I jumped up, knocking over the water.

I turned around and saw Eve standing there with a mug in her hands. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." She apologized. "It's okay." I picked up the cup and placed it on a table that was next to the bench.

"Mind if I join?" I shook my head and she carefully sat down, sipping her coffee. "Were you up drawing that?" I nodded my head.

"You're really talented." I felt my cheeks heat up from the compliment. Eve looked at the sky, "I wish I was as talented as you."

"Why were you a rouge? If you don't mind me asking." I quickly added at the end. "I was kidnapped." She said bluntly. "The rouges got me and had me ever since I was eight. I don't remember much."

"I'm turning nineteen in a few days." 

"Oh." Was all I could say. We sat in silence and eventually, the sun went over the horizon. "I never got to introduced myself properly, I'm Eveie Carson." Eve smiled at me, "But please, just call me Eve."

I nodded my head, "I'm Penelope."

We got to know each other, and it seemed weird because I've been living with her for a while and I didn't know anything about her.

"Penelope?" I heard someone call out. I saw Leanne's head pop out of the door. "There you are, Adam was about to gather a search party for you."

I took a deep breath of the air, and smelt something off in Leanne's scent. I got up from the seat and lifted her hair up, there you could surely see a mark of Luca's name and a half moon.

"You got marked?" I asked, "We mated, too."

"Are you going to be a Luna or is his going to step down from the Alpha's position to Gamma?"

"Since Luca's the second child, his older brother would get the title. This leads to us being the Gammas of my pack, but I don't want to leave here. I still need to catch up with you and we barely see each other."

"So I decided that I wanted to join this pack, your pack." Leanne said. I stood there, shocked at her answer. "You want to join our pack?" I said quietly.

"Yeah. We could train to be one of the best warriors here, plus it's closer to Luca's family."

The door slid open, and Adam was standing there. He went over to me and hugged me, "I was worried." He mumbled in my hair.

"I'm sorry. I just couldn't sleep." I apologized. Adam let go of me and I saw that Eve and Leanne left. He lead me to the seat that I've been sitting on for the night.

"Did Leanne ask you about joining our pack?" I said quietly as Adam rocked us back and forth. "Yeah, Luca and Eve are going to join as well."

"When are we going to celebrate it?"

"They've ask quite a while ago, we were planning to do it today." He put his arm over my shoulder and brought me closer to him.

"We are?" I said, surprised. Adam nodded his head, "It's going to start around seven, and end probably in the morning."

I frowned, "I don't have anything to wear.."

"I'm pretty sure Charlie has a lot of choices for you there." He chuckled slightly. "Aren't you tired?" Adam asked me. I shook my head.

"You can go to sleep now, I'll wake you up when it's almost time."

I wanted to shake my head again, but a yawn came out. "Okay." I reluctantly said. Adam carried me back up to our room and laid me down on the bed.

Adam was about to leave, but I grabbed his shirt, "Can you wait until I fall asleep?" I said, heat rushing to my face.

He smiled down at me, "Sure."

----

This chapter is a filler.

I wanted to update as soon as possible, and didn't know what to write.

I can assure (99.9%) that I will update on Monday.

-Waff.