Chapter 51: Klaus

Penelope's P.O.V.

"This is all your fault." Leanne mumbled as she wiped off the table. "This is your fault! If you let me mix the damn bowl, this wouldn't have happened." Charlie grumbled back.

"But I wanted to mix the bowl!" Leanne said, she stopped wiping the table and looked at Charlie. "And so did I." Charlie said, standing up and turning around so she could face Leanne.

They started growling and glared at each other. They both made a 'hmph' sound and continued their work.

Eve stood up and had a triumph smile on her face, I looked over to the side she had to clean, and she was done.

I just had to wash the dishes that we used for 'baking' but was only a few plates, so I was sitting on a chair, waiting for them to be done.

We had to stay here until we were all done with cleaning up the kitchen, if one of us leaves, we were on kitchen duty for the next two weeks.

I scrolled through my phone, deciding which game I should play. 

Almost an hour later, Charlie and Leanne were done cleaning up. Since they were the ones who started the mess, they had a bigger portion to clean than Eve and I.

"Finally! We can leave!" Charlie celebrated. "Can we really?" Eve sighed in boredom. "They said we can leave when we're done." Charlie said, washing her hands.

"I guess we can, what do you think, Penny?" Leanne asked me. I shrugged, "I guess so."

When I got up from my seat, I heard screaming in the other room. We slowly walked into the living room, where we heard screaming and saw the guys playing video games.

"Shoot at the freaking people!" Cameron yelled. "What the hell dude! You just shot at me!" 

"Sorry." Adam said sheepishly. On the other hand, Mason and Luca seemed to be communicating well.

"Shit." Luca swore as he was shot. Charlie put her finger to her lips and we slowly walked back into the kitchen. "The other way." Charlie said, ushering us to the other side of the room.

We went back into the kitchen and went through the other door. "What to do now?" Charlie said, more to herself.

"I'm going to go to library." I said, slowly walking backwards, "Oh.. Okay." Charlie said. "I'll think of something next time!" She called out when I started walking towards the stairs.

I just nodded my head and was on my way to the library.

I pushed the doors open and saw that no one was here, not even Val. I looked over the front desk and saw a note labeled, "For the Luna."

I opened the note and it was an apology from Val. She said she couldn't be there because of her mate, but will be back on the tenth. She also added that I was still able to take books, but just have to sign my name on a paper with the book title.

I walked through the shelves, much like last time, and tried to find new books. It was hard too since I read most of these books or they don't seem interesting.

When I was strolling through the library, touching the spines of each of the books, I heard someone humming.

The humming turned into a whistle and then speaking gibberish. "Klaus..?" I called out, unsure if it was really him.

I turned right, where I heard the noise, and sure enough I saw the familiar eye patch. He looked surprised, "You actually remembered me?" He said.

I looked at him confused, "Of course I do. It hasn't been that long since we saw each other."