Chapter 34: Date (Part I)

Penelope's P.O.V.

I slowly knocked on Charlie's door, hoping maybe I could get some advice.

"Coming!" I heard Charlie's voice said. She opened the door and smiled at me. "Hey, Penny!" Charlie said excitedly.

"Hi." I said, forming a small smile on my lips.

"Um.. I'm going o-" I was cut off by Charlie squealing, "With Adam?" She questioned, ushering me in her room.

I nodded my head, "I don't know what to wear." I said, rubbing my arm.

"Don't worry," Charlie winked, "you've come to the right person."

After ten minutes of Charlie throwing clothes onto her bed, she found an outfit for me to wear.

It was a long sleeved white shirt and skinny jeans. I slowly went into her bathroom, taking off my clothes then tugging on the clothes Charlie gave me.

I came out from the bathroom and Charlie held out a white knitted sweater. "Why is everything white?" I said, pulling the sweater over my head.

Charlie shrugged, "You look great!" She said, making me spin in a circle. She started to pull out a bag that looked like it was about to explode.

I shook my hands in front of me, "I don't want to wear any of them."

Charlie pouted, but put away the bag.

"Let's go!" Charlie said, pulling on my hand gently. I followed her obediently, going down to the living room.

I saw Adam on the couch with Cameron and another girl. "Hey Penny." Cameron greeted me, turning to smile at me.

I waved a little, "This is Eve, my mate." Cameron stated proudly.

Eve smiled at me, "Nice to meet you, Luna." I felt my cheeks heat up, "Just call me Penelope." I said quietly.

Adam stood up, "If you don't mind, I'd like to take my mate. You and the girls can hang out some other time." He said, nodding his head at Eve.

Adam took my hand and gently pulled me out of the living room and towards the front door. There he helped me put on my light grey coat.

"Which one do you want to wear?" He asked me, opening a drawer of shoes. I saw a pair of boots that was chestnut colored. I pointed to those and he took them out of the drawer.

Once I put on the boots, we went out and went to the back where the cars were.

We stopped at a sleek black car, Adam unlocking it. He opened the door for me and once I got it, he jogged over to his side.

The engine roared to life and he backed out of the garage.

"Where are we going?" I questioned, gripping my wrist. "We're just going to drive around the town until a diner opens," he checks the clock built into the car, "In a hour."

I nodded my head, and he drove onto a dirt path. It wasn't as bumpy as I imagined, but once we go onto a road, I saw cars flying past us.

When we got into town, I was fascinated by how many people were in the town. He drove around, explaining what was in each store.

"At night, it's like the city glows." Adam said, as I looked at of the window. "Really?" I said seeing people with bags on their arms.

"Yeah. We can go sometimes." Adam said, parking in front of a building.

He opened the door for me and a waitress lead us to an empty booth. "Alpha, Luna." The waitress said, bowing her head. "Are you ready to take your orders?"

"My regular." Adam said, nodding at her, "What about you, Luna?" She turned her head towards me.

I looked through the menu, "Can I have this and a strawberry milkshake?" She nodded her head and wrote down our orders, "It will be coming in a few minutes."

The waitress left, leaving me and Adam again. I looked up and saw him staring at me. I immediately put my hands up in front of my face, "Is there something on my face?" I asked quietly, feeling around my face.

Through the holes in between my fingers, I saw Adam smile, "No, there's nothing. I just wanted to know why I was so lucky to have you as my mate."

After a few minutes, the same waitress came with our food.

"Here's your regular," She said, handing him four plates of food, "and here's your pancakes with a strawberry milkshake."

"Thank you." I said quietly, looking at the two pancakes that looked larger than my face.

I poured the syrup that she gave me over the pancakes, grabbing my fork and stabbing the fluffy thing.

Chewing on my pancake, I saw Adam eating his food like a hungry man. He looked up when he realized I was staring at him, he smiled at me.

"Never saw a hungry man eating?" Adam said, food flying everywhere.

I scrunched up my nose in disgust, a smile coming to my lips. "Eat with your mouth closed, please." I said, drinking my milkshake.

----

After we were done eating, Adam took me to his 'special' place.

He blindfolded me and guided me where his secret spot was. I was hesitant at first, but reluctantly let him blindfold me.

"Are we almost there yet?" I whispered, almost tripping over something. "Yeah, just a couple more steps.." He said.

Light suddenly blinded me, I blinked and saw just trees. He then took my hand in his, and lead me towards the sounds of water.

I heard the water clearly, splashing against the rocks, waiting for someone to come. Adam took of his shoes and went towards the edge of the land.

He sat down and placed his feet in the water. He looked back and waved at me to join him.

I sat right next to him, leaning against his warm touch.

I closed my eyes and listened to the nature around us, mostly water, but I could still here the birds chirping.

I felt Adam's lips touch my forehead, pulling me closer to him. I opened my eyes and looked up to him.

"Can I a-ask a question?" I stuttered, feeling the cold breeze. He nodded his head.

"If you could, would you ask the M-Moon Goddess for another mate than m-me?" I questioned, looking away.

Adam growled lightly, "No. You're the best mate anyone could ask for. Why would you think that?" He asked softly.

"I heard people say I wasn't worthy enough to be an Alpha's mate, nonetheless, anyone's mate." I said looking at the sun set.

I let out a squeal when I felt myself being lifted.

"Don't let people get into your head." He said gently, looking directly at me in the eyes.

Before I could respond, I felt his lips on mine.

----