Chapter 1: Nightmare

Penelope's P.O.V.

I woke up from a terrible nightmare I was experiencing.

I looked around in our cabin. Everything seems right. I looked where my brother was sleeping, which was across from me. Luckily he was still sleeping.

I sighed, and laid back down.

Turning and tossing, I finally was able to fall asleep.

"Penny," someone called out. "Penny," they called again, but shaking me.

"Penny, wake up." A familiar male voice said. "Phoenix?" I said, more like groaned.

He chuckled, "C'mon Penny. I have to go to work, you'll be able to handle your self, right?" I nodded.

I smelt bacon and eggs, but it made me want to throw up. I skipped breakfast, once again, and headed towards our shower.

I looked in the mirror where you can only see your shoulders and up.

My skin was paler than a vampires, if you lift up my arms, you can literally count my ribs, there are multiple scars running through my body, and I made those.

Pain was the only thing that released me from the stress I was having.

My hair was brown, nearly at my waist. My eyes was a mixture of green and blue.

You might think my eyes are glowing, right? Nope. They are dull, no light in it.

I jumped into the bath and sat there.

Phoenix was my only sibling and family I have left. My mother and father died from a rouge attack, reasons are still unknown.

Phoenix had black hair with green bright eyes. He had muscles, although not bulging, and tan skin.

With these characteristics, girls go crazy for him.

Doing my morning routine, I glanced over where my breakfast was.

It was probably cold, but I didn't feel like eating. I felt like I wast wasting food.

Phoenix was assured me I wasn't. I have been wasting food for the past few years.

Sometimes I would eat, and sometimes I wouldn't. It depended on my appetite.

My wolf barely howled in me. 'Are you okay?' I asked my wolf, her usually answer, 'Yeah... I am fine.' He voice sounded weak.

She-wolves were supposed to be strong, but not as strong as men. They could be, but it is only for their protection.

As for me, I'm as skinny as a stick, light as a feather.

My brother saw some of my scars but pushed it aside and assumed it was because of my clumsiness.

I went into the bathroom and grabbed a razor. I sat on the toilet seat and put fresh wounds on my wrists.

Blood gushed out, but I ignored it.

I put it under water, stinging more. I winced, but said nothing afterward.

I dried my wrists and hands and went back to bed, putting on my headphones I got for a gift.

Listening to Coldplay, Nightcore, and many other artists helped me relax a bit.

I must have fallen asleep, because I felt someone shaking me.

"Penny, you have to eat." He said, practically begging.

"I don't feel hungry." I said, sitting up.

"Penny, you haven't eaten in three days."

I just shook my head, "I haven't eaten something in a week. Three days is nothing." I said.