Chapter 46: Heat

Adam's P.O.V.

When Penelope started heat, I felt my wolf go wild. I knew I had to stay with her until Charlie came.

I wanted to take the pain away from her, but I knew she wasn't ready. The lust from her rolled at me in waves, she was just begging for me to take her.

When she whimpered and said my name, my wolf snapped and wanted to take control. He growled at me, fighting me to take control.

I knew touching her would ease the pain a bit, but that only made me want to mate her more.

When I left to start the bath, I didn't want to leave her alone on the bed, but I knew that was the best for me.

I carried her into the bathroom, turning around so she could strip from her clothes. 'Why did you turn around?! She's our mate she doesn't have to hide from us.' My wolf growled at me, sexually frustrated.

When I heard the small splashes, I knew she got in.

Charlie came through the door, I walked away. As much as I wanted to be near her, I couldn't. My wolf would lose control and mate with her.

'Why did you leave mate?' My wolf said angrily at me. 'She's not ready. She'll do something she wouldn't want. This isn't her, it's her wolf.'

'It's still her! Penelope and Ace are one.' 

'She said it herself that she wasn't ready. She doesn't want to mate with us now.' I said to my wolf. 'I don't want to hurt her.'

'Well, you can obviously tell that she wants us.' Noah said. I could feel him pacing in my head. 'It's not Penelope, it's her wolf.' My wolf growled, but stayed quiet.

I wanted to go back in the room, but I know that it would just tempt my wolf. 'Adam?' I heard Penelope link me.

It startled me, but I realized since I marked her and she joined the pack, I could talk to her telepathically.

'Yeah sweetheart?' I said back. She didn't get to reply because Charlie was out of the door, "Adam, her eyes are turning red again."

I ran into the room and I saw Penelope holding her head. Her hands were covering her ears and her eyes were shut.

"I don't know what happened, but all of a sudden her eyes widened and then she started mumbling 'no.'" Charlie explained to me.

"Before she closed her eyes, they were slowly turning a darker color, and I was guessing they were turning red again."

"Get the pack doctor in here." I ordered her. She nodded her head and sprinted out of the room. 

"Penelope?" I called out her name and walked closer to her. "Don't come near me!" She shouted. "I might hurt you again." She mumbled.

I eventually walked to the bed and sat down. I reached for her, but she jerked away from my grasp. "I said don't come near me!"

She was backing up into a wall, her eyes still closed. "Watch o-" She bumped into the stand that was holding a lamp and it shattered on the floor.

She opened her eyes and they were red, but were flickering between her real eye color.

Her eyes stayed red and she growled at me. "Alpha," I heard someone say behind me. "I need to sedate her." He said.

Penelope put her hands over her ears again and closed her eyes. The doctor and I slowly walked closer to her, trying not to alert her.

Once we got close enough to her, I reached for her. I grabbed her wrists and told the doctor to inject her.

She opened her eyes and started trying to get away from my hold. The doctor inserted the needle in her neck and almost immediately she fell limp.

"Do you know what happened to her?" I asked my doctor, carrying Penelope to the bed. "If my theory is correct, then this can happen every time she goes into heat. It seems that her self is weaker when she is in heat, and the 'thing' that tries to take over her body usually wins the fight they have."

"Every time she goes into heat? Do you know if this is a one time thing during the heat period or every time?" I asked him.

"This may happen twice. I researched further, it is common for this to happen two times during heat. If we're lucky it only happens once. But since we've discovered that she is a half-rouge, and just marked this may happen more frequent."

I nodded my head, "I think this links to her brother also. When the Luna was kidnapped, they killed Phoenix, or so we thought. Phoenix wasn't a part of this pack, so we don't have a connection with him except for Penelope." The doctor stopped.

"Phoenix may still be alive. If he is, then he is most likely to be very weak." 

"Then what about the body that we took back?" I asked, confused. It looked just like Phoenix. "It was a dummy that was prepared. They were planning this for a while."

"What about her parents?"

"Didn't Penelope say that she watched her parents die? I'm pretty sure they planned that they were going to kill her parents too."

"How do you know all of this?" I said, curios. "Well, I inspected Phoenix's body and came up with predictions. I know for a fact that the Phoenix we have is not real."

"Okay. Anything else you need to tell me?" He shook his head, "Then you are dismissed." He bowed his head and left the room.

'That's weird.' My wolf suddenly said. 'What now?' I asked. 'When she had the thing, I didn't feel anything from her..'

I rolled my eyes at my wolf, 'So?' My wolf didn't reply until a few minutes later, 'Never mind then.'

Noah retreated to the back of my mind and mumbled words that were too quiet to be heard. I looked over to Penelope and saw that her eyebrows were scrunched together, like she was having a nightmare.

I pulled her closer to me and she unconsciously moved to get comfortable. I closed my eyes, but sleep never came to me.

----

Sorry, for the boring chapter again. I just wanted to update as soon as possible, seeing that I was already late.

Hopefully, I will update this Friday, or Saturday..

-Waff.