Chapter 3: A Friend?

Penelope's P.O.V

Walking into the forest going to my cabin, I look around the nature that was surrounding me. Trees were tall, scattered everywhere, bushes in some odd places here and there, the leaves on the trees began falling, though really little. August was about to end, September beginning.

Sticks on the forest floor, I picked one up and examined it. There was a ladybug on it. I put my finger near the ladybug and slowly, it went on my finger.

I played with the ladybug a little longer until I set it back on the forest floor, and walked towards the cabin.

I heard some shuffling, and became scared. I never encountered anyone while walking in the forest. I began walking fast, then breaking out into running when I heard someone say, "Wait!"

Someone tackled me and I covered my face with my hands, "Please don't hurt me." I said, trying not to let the tears fall.

My hands were taken away by this stranger and it was a boy around my age. "I'm not going to hurt you. My name Cameron." He said.

"M-My name is Penelope." I said. I took a look at his appearance, he has black hair with shining blue eyes. He has muscles, but not where to the point it was bulging. He had a plain white t-shirt and black jeans with Vans.

He slowly let go of me and helped me sit up. "Why were you wondering around in the forest alone?" He asked.

Should I trust him? I looked into his eyes and saw confusion and worry. Why would he worry about me? I'm weak, he probably couldn't tell I was werewolf until he smelled up close, I'm not pretty, I'm skinny, I'm pale as a vampire!

I already told him my name, so why not? It's not like he's not going to care besides this moment.

I explained why I was wondering around the forest by myself, and said I was going to my cabin. "Are you going to move into this cabin or?" He asked.

I shook my head, "My brother had to move with his mate. Her parents did not approve of our cabin. I'm visiting, though it had only been days." I said, sadly.

"You really like this cabin." He said, I nodded my head. "Our parents built it for us. It's the last thing they gave us. Except for the necklace my mother gave to me."

"If you don't mind, what happened to your parents? On vacation?" Cameron asked. Tears started rolling down my cheeks, "N-No, t-they are d-dead." I said, trying to control the sob.

Cameron comforted me by hugging me, "I'm sorry, I didn't know it would affect you this way." He said, patting me on my back trying to comfort me. Surprisingly, it worked.

"Why don't we walk together?" He suggested. He wanted to walk with me? No one has been this nice to me, except for my brother and Cynthia.

I bet he would only care now, and later on he wouldn't even acknowledge my presence.

I nodded my head, wiping the tears off my face. We started walking in comfortable silence until I stated seeing the cabin.

"Is this it?" I nodded my head, and unlocked the door with the key our parents gave us.

He looked around the cabin, "This is a nice cabin." He complimented. "Do you want anything to eat? I have brought chocolate." I said quietly.

He chuckled, "Sure. What kind of chocolate?" I searched through my backpack, "Crunch, Kit Kat, Toblerone, Ghirardelli, Lindt, Ferrero Rocher, Hersh-" Before I could finish the word Hershey, Cameron had already taken the candy bar from my hand.

"I guess Hershey's it is." I said cracking a smile. He smiled back, showing his now brown teeth, due to the chocolate.

"Let's play a game." He stated. I nodded my head for him to continue, "It's called 20 questions." I titled my head to show I was confused. "You never heard the game 20 questions?" He said, I shook my head.