Chapter 41: Soon

Penelope's P.O.V.

Eve and I eventually found the pack house with the GPS's help. When we got there, Adam and Cameron were waiting for us in the garage.

"Are you okay?" Adam asked, inspecting me to see if I had any cuts or bruises. "Yeah. I was only in the car with Eve."

Adam kissed my forehead, "I have some pack work I need to do. I'll be in my office if you need me." He smiled and left.

I said bye to Cameron and Eve and went inside the pack house. I went into our bathroom. I looked into the mirror and looked at my teeth.

I looked weird having braces. I swept my tongue over the metal, it felt weird too. 

I walked out of the bathroom, going to find Adam. My wolf didn't like that we were so far apart. I found it pretty easily, seeing that it was the only room with big doors that touch the ceiling.

I opened the doors slowly, making sure I wasn't interrupting anything. I poked my head through the opening I made and saw Adam sitting on the chair surrounded by paper.

He looked up, and when his eyes met mine, he smiled. "Hey, Penny. What do you need?"

I walked into the room and the door closed behind me, scaring me. "N-Nothing.." I stuttered.

Adam sniffed the air, his eyes turning black, but returned back to his chocolate brown eyes. "You're heat is coming soon." He said, in a strained voice.

"Heat? Oh." I said, blushing. "I don't want to mate yet." I blurted out, looking at my shoes. I felt my cheeks redden more.

"It's okay if you don't want to mate now, I understand." Adam said. I heard the chair he was sitting on roll back and he made his way towards me.

He placed his index finger underneath my chin and his thumb under my lips. He gently moved my head up and stared into my eyes.

"Have I said how beautiful you look?" He questioned, moving his eyes down to my lips. I shook my head, "Well, you look beautiful."

I blushed again and he captured my lips with his. His lips moved slowly, placing his hands on my waist.

My lips moved in sync with his, my wolf purring in the back of my mind. 

The door suddenly opened, "Al-" When he looked at us, he stopped mid sentence. "I'm sorry I interrupted, Alpha." He bowed his head, but he was still panting.

He pulled away and gave me a small smile, like it was an apology.

"It's fine. What is it, Jordan?"

"We found sightings of rouges nearby the border and they seem to be getting closer. There were too many to do a headcount, sir."

"How much do you think it is?" Adam questioned him. "I assume there is about at least two hundred of them. There might be more, but we found no other scents than the ones that are coming closer."

"Bring the women and children to the safe house. Warn Alpha Trey and bring them to the safe house also." Jordan nodded his head and scurried out of the room.

"Penelope, I need you to follow everyone else, okay?" Adam looked down at me. "What about you?" I asked.

"I'll be fine." He kissed my forehead, "Now go, I'll get you when we're done." I nodded my head. I quickly went on my tip toes and kissed his cheek.

I smiled at him before going out the door.

The pack house was loud, people shouting out orders, parents trying to usher their kids into the safe room.