Chapter 32: Eve

Adam's P.O.V.

We tried again the next day, more careful and with more warriors. "Stop." A tracker called out, "I smell something off.."

We all sniffed the air, and it seemed that the aura changed. "Be more careful, if we're not, one wrong move can kill us all." I said, walking forward.

We continued walking cautiously, not wanting to miss anything. "The traps are just a few feet away, we have to be more careful than ever." They nodded their heads, and we successfully crossed the trapped forest.

"Alpha, look over here." A warrior said, pointing at something beyond the trees. It was hard to see, but you can see bricks sticking out of the vines and leaves that were growing on the walls.

"Are th-" I was about to speak until a tracker cut me off, "Alpha, I apologized for interrupting, but the rouges sensed us. Their scent is stronger. Our Luna is also in there."

"It's fine. You answered my question anyways. Their coming? How long until they come here?" I asked. "At the rate they are going about thirty more seconds."

I nodded my head, "Can you sense how many there are?"

"Ten, fifteen more seconds."

"We're going to fight head on. Be prepared." All of my warriors nodded their heads, 'Trackers hide up in the trees. If you want to help fight, then go ahead. You were trained to track not to fight.'

Their heads bobbed up and down, all of the trackers climbed up the trees and hid.

'Five more seconds Alpha.'

'Four... Three... Two... One...' The rouges were standing there with grins.

"Oh! Alpha Adam. Is this week a special week to visit me? I had a Luna visiting me yesterday."

I growled, "Just give me my mate back and we'll leave peacefully."

The rouge laughed, "Do you think that I'll just give up a beauty? I mean, she isn't as fun as the other she-wolves that visited me, I think she'll be good in bed." He shrugged.

My hands clenched into fists. 'Just beat his ass already!' My wolf yelled at me in my head.

I agreed with him and stepped up to punch him square in the face. He stumbled back, holding a bloody nose.

The blood stopped, but his nose was still crooked.

The other rouges shifted into their wolves and growled at me and my men.

The wolves charged at us, surprising us a bit. My men instantly shifted into their wolves and fought them.

I also shifted into my wolf, going for the rouge who was talking about my mate. He just smirked at me and more rouges came out of the trees. 'Alpha! We can handle these rouges. Go and get the Luna!'

Although I didn't like to be told what to do, I let it slide since I was going to do that anyways. I broke my way through the rouges and ran to the brick building.

There were no guards on the outside, but when I broke through the door, I see a crowd of rouges waiting.

Half of them shifted and the rest of them ran. The rouges growled at me, causing me to growl back.

Three of them came running at me, but I easily dodged their attacks. I turned around and bit on their legs, causing him to limp.

I took this advantage to bit him in the neck, an instant kill.

I ripped out the flesh and spit it on the ground. The rouge lied lifeless on the floor, but I continued this until there were only five more.

I wasn't tired. I wanted blood. I want it to seep through my claws and stain my fur. As creepy as that sounds, my wolf craved it.

I growled. Me and my wolf just wanted to see if our mate is okay.

I killed them off easily, trotting through the house trying to find her scent. I followed stairs that were made of metal and then a metal door.

It required a finger print and an eye scan. I morphed back to my human form and looked for a dead body.

I finally found one and scanned his finger and opened his eye.

With a click, I pushed the door open and it was the dungeons. The smell of my mate filled my nose as I followed it.

It lead me to the furthest cell of the room. I saw Penelope laying on the floor a pool of blood around her. Her cell was like the metal door, but it only required a finger print.

I listened to her heartbeat, it was faint, but still alive.

"Only the head master could unlock the door." I heard a voice say. I looked to the cell next to Penelope's and saw a girl around Penelope's age.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"I'm Eve. Penelope and I have been talking a bit when she was in the cell." I nodded my head.

I looked back to Penelope's cell.

I rubbed my hands together and touched the bars. "What are you doing?! Those are silver!" Eve yelled.

"I know." Was all I said before ripping the cell open. I quickly let go of the bars, leaving red marks on my palms.

"Whoa. Are you an Alpha?" She asked me, staring at me with wide eyes. "Yes I am."

I was about to walk away until Eve called again, "Wait! Can I come with you? I've been stuck here for a year and I want to get out."

I looked at her then at my mate. I sighed, put my mate down and ripped her cell open like what I did to Penelope's.

"Thanks." I nodded my head, picking my mate back up. "Stay close, it's like hell out here." I said quickly, running up the stairs.

I saw my warriors rounding up the rouges that were still alive, "Alpha, we find all the rouges that were in the houses. The women and children were not hurt, some resisted but we got them under our watch."

"There's wolves downstairs. Free them and give them a choice to join my pack or find another pack or join the rouge life." They nodded their heads, three warriors heading where the door was.

"Is the doctor here yet?" I asked impatiently. "Right here! The ambulance is here." The pack doctor ran through the door.

"Camer-" I was cut off by Cameron saying, "Mine."

"Go settle things with your mate. I'll be going back to the pack house."

I jogged up to the ambulance and went through the back door. I put my mate on the stretcher that was in the ambulance and we drove off.

"Adam?" Penelope's voice said. I held her hand, "I'm right here." I said, stroking her hair.

I didn't get any other response, and her heartbeat was going slower.

"Can you go any faster?!" I yelled at the pack doctor. "We'll be there in a minute. Prepare the Luna to be moved."

As he said, we arrived in a minute, doctors and nurses hurried to get their Luna and into the emergency room.

I was about to go in the room when they rolled my mate in there, but a doctor stopped me, "I'm sorry Alpha, but you can't be in here."

I growled, "I have every right to be in there! My mate is on the verge of dying!" I said, about to punch him.

I was going to step forward but a hand rested on my shoulder. I looked up and saw my dad.

He shook his head, "You're just going to distract them, son. Just let them do their job."

I slumped my shoulders and walked to a chair. This is going to be a long night.

----