Chapter 22: Remember Anything?

Penelope's P.O.V.

When I woke up, I felt something wrapped around my waist. I opened my eyes slowly before seeing a man on the bed.

I screamed, falling off the bed and onto the floor. I saw the man jolted awake before searching the room for something.

"Penelope?" He said. Penelope. I was Penelope. "Oh, there you are." He said, looking on the ground where I fell.

"W-Who are y-you?" I said, scooting back when he advanced towards me. "I'm Adam? Don't you remember me?"

Adam. Adam. Do I know an Adam? "Adam." I said. I saw a wolf that had midnight black fur with a vibrant color of green for its eyes. Noah, my mind said.

"Noah?" I said, aloud. Adam's eyes lightened. "Do you know Noah?" I asked him. He nodded, "I'm Noah." I stared at him confused, "But you're Adam?"

"Noah's my wolf's name." Adam said. "A wolf?"

When I blinked, I saw a picture of a brown wolf with a black tipped tail with one eye blue and the other eye green. When I blinked again, I saw Adam.

"Phoenix?" I questioned, wondering about the guy from earlier. I saw Adam open his mouth before the door banged open. I jumped before running behind the bed.

I peeked over the bed and saw a very beautiful lady with light brown hair with brown eyes much like Adam's.

She looked over the bed and saw me. She smiled at me before waving. I just continued staring at her.

"Charlie, you can come in now."

When the beautiful lady said that, a girl with wavy dark brown hair came running through the door and onto the bed. I hid more behind the bed, not wanting this 'Charlie' girl seeing me.

"Penelope? Are you okay?" How does she know my name? I haven't met her until now. Adam gave her a stern look before apologizing.

When I looked over to the door, I saw a girl with a shirt that shows her stomach and a really, really short pants. On her feet were these shoes with sticks on the back of them, making her taller than she really is.

She gave me a look that gave me the chills, not the good ones, but the bad ones.

"Do you want to go see Leanne? Maybe you'll remember something." Adam suggested. I shook my head, not wanting to meet any more people, but what's bothering me was my back.

I touched my back and flinched at myself when I did. "Does your back still hurt? I can give you some pain killers, or unless you want some lotion." Adam asked.

I shrugged, but careful not to move my back so much. "I'll just give you both." I nodded my head, before he came behind the bed and lifted up my shirt.

I felt the cold liquid come in contact with my back. At first I flinched, but when he started rubbing his hand on my back, I felt the warmth of his hand.

When he successfully rubbed the lotion into my skin, he let the shirt down before carrying me on to the bed.

When Adam got up, I tugged on to his shirt. He looked behind and raised his eyebrows.

"Is something bothering you, sweetheart?"

"Bathroom." I said quietly. He smiled before helping me up to the bathroom.

He lead me to a door before opening it. After I got in the bathroom, he closed the door gently behind me.

Immediately after he shut the door, I started to panic. I looked around the surroundings and it felt like I couldn't breathe.

"Penelope? Are you okay in there?" I heard a voice yell out.

I didn't reply, afraid of what the outcome would be.

"Penelope, I'm coming in." The voice said. I heard the door open and saw a man standing there.

When he walked forward, I took a step back. Eventually I hit the tub and fell backwards. I closed my eyes shut but I felt arms going around my waist.

I opened my eyes and saw Adam staring back at me.

"Are you okay, Penelope?" I nodded my head before diverting my gaze from his eyes.

"Do you still need to use the bathroom?" He asked. I shook my head. "Are you sure?" He asked, staring at me with his brown eyes.

I nodded my head. He slowly let his hands fall to his side and took my hand into his. He lead me out of the bathroom and lead me to the bed. He told me to sit down and he would get me some food.

"Do you want anything to eat, darling?" Adam asked. I shook my head, I don't feel hungry now. "Phoenix." I said, looking at him. "Where is he?" 

"Er, he's-" Adam was cut of by a door slamming open, there it revealed a red headed girl.

"Penny? Are you okay?" She asked. Why does everyone keep asking me that? Am I in some danger?

I nodded my head slowly before trying to hide behind Adam.

"You don't remember me?" I heard the redhead say. When I didn't respond, I heard her sigh. "Well, my name is Leanne."

Leanne. That's a pretty name.

I crawled over to the headboard and went under the blankets, pulling it over my head. "Just come back later, Leanne."

I didn't hear a reply, so I was guessing she nodded.

I felt arms wrap around me, with the blanket. My body was being pulled up and into a lap. The blanket over my head was removed and my face felt the cold air that was in the room.

I yawned and he smiled down at me.

"You tired?" He asked, I nodded my head before I felt him shift and lay me gently down on the bed. I snuggled into the pillow and blanket, hearing Adam chuckle.

All thoughts about Phoenix left my mind as I looked at Adam in front of me.

I closed my eyes and fell in a dark abyss.

----

I know, I know. Short update and a late chapter.

I'll be updating later on this week! 

See you guys in the next chapter :)

-Waff.