Chapter 33: Kiss

Adam's P.O.V.

I sat in the chair for a few hours, until the next morning.

My parents were worried for my mate and I, ever since I found her I haven't seen a doctor come out.

"Honey," My mom said, approaching me with a blanket and a tray of food. "You have to eat something, your mate would think it's her fault that you're like this." My mom said, placing the tray on the seat next to me.

I looked at my mom's homemade clam chowder soup, but I wasn't feeling hungry. "It's fine mom. I'll start eating again when I see my mate." I mumbled.

I heard my mom sigh, "Fine, at least eat a spoonful of my soup." I nodded my head waiting for her to go.

"I mean right now." She said, holding the spoon to my lips. I grumbled some words and opened my mouth.

I felt the liquid going down my throat, swallowing it. "Okay, I'll be out of your hair now." She said, getting up.

My mom tossed me the blanket, "I know the hospital sometimes gets cold, here's a blanket if you want to use it as a blanket or pillow."

"Thanks." I said, folding the blanket into a pillow.

I was about to close my eyes until I saw Cameron walking down the halls of the hospital, with Eve next to him.

"Hey, Adam." My Beta greeted me. I nodded my head, "She's your mate?" I asked him.

"Yeah. Thanks for saving her, I knew I smelt something delicious." He mumbled the last part.

I was about to reply until I heard my mate screaming. On instinct I stood up, walking towards the door.

A wary doctor came out of the doors, "Alpha, please calm down." He said, trying to reassure me.

I was beyond furious, "Calm down?! You expect me to calm down while my mate might be in pain and I'm not in there?" I yelled at him.

"Alpha, I apologi-" I cut him off by growling at him. I was about to retort until my dad dragged me back to my chair.

"Son, you need to relax. Your mate is in great hands. She probably just woke up and felt pain."

My breathing was still harsh, but I tried to calm my wolf. Another hour passed, but still nothing from the doctors.

Finally, the next day doctors came out from the emergency room all looking very tired.

"Alpha," they bowed their heads, "Luna seems to be alright, but she went flat twice."

I rushed past the doctors and went into the room. I saw Penelope wide awake, staring off into nothingness.

"Penelope?" I said gently, walking up to her bed. She didn't respond or look at me. "It's my fault they died." She whispered to me.

"I could have done something, anything. But I just watched." She mumbled. "They were right. I should have just died with them." Penelope said before crying.

'Do something! Mate is crying and all you do is just watch?!' My wolf growled at me. "Penelope," I said, grabbing her small hand in mine, "You have friends and family here to take care of you, that loves you, that cares for you."

Penelope still didn't respond to me, only cried more. "B-But, the-" I cut her off by kissing her. She didn't kiss back at first, but slowly her lips started moving.

I didn't know what came over me, but I'm glad I kissed her. I pulled back and looked at her. Her head slowly turned to me, her face showed shock.

"See, Penelope. People care about you like me, Leanne, Charlie, my parents. Everyone in this pack house, believe or not, they care about you." I said softly, staring into her captivating blue-green eyes.

I saw her swallow her own saliva and hugged me. "It's like a never ending nightmare. I only see my parents' body on the floor people laughing at me. I want it to go away." She whispered.

I rubbed my hands on her back, "It's okay sweetheart. You have everyone you can talk to. Charlie, Leanne and Cameron's mate, Eve. She's been through a lot too." I assured her.

"Eve? Cameron found his mate?" She said softly into my shoulder. "Yeah. We can go meet her now if you would like." I suggested.

I felt her shake her head, "I don't want to meet any new people today. Maybe tomorrow?" She whispered.

"Anything you want." I said, kissing the side of her head.

----

I gently laid my mate  on our bed, pulling the blanket over her figure.

Looking at my mate, I pushed the hair that was covering her face aside. Even with her eyes closed she was a beauty.

Behind those close eyelids were her beautiful green and blue eyes.

Going into the duvet, I took off my shirt and pulled Penelope closer to me. I closed my eyes, thinking about the one who changed my life.

When I woke, I saw Penelope staring at me. I smirked, opening my eyes a bit wider, but she didn't realize.

Being the cocky Alpha I was, I said, "Like what you see?"

Penelope's face got red, but nodded her head, "I-I mean no!" She squeaked.

I chuckled, "Don't worry, this is all yours."

If possible, her face got more red.

"I'm g-going to shower." She stuttered, taking the blanket off of her body and speed walking to the bathroom that was connected to our bedroom.

I smiled and got ready for the day.

When Penelope came out of the shower, about five minutes later, I told her we're going to go out.

"Where?" She questioned me. "That's a surprise, now go get dressed." I said, smiling.

"Okay." She said, leaving the room to get dressed.

'You didn't ask for a kiss.' My wolf whined. 'It's fine. We'll get one later.' I said to my wolf.

We better.' He said before going back to the corner of my mind.

Going into the bathroom, I did my morning routine, excited that we're going out with our mate.

----

Nothing interesting going on here, sorry.

I had writer's block, so I didn't know what to write.

-Waff.