Chapter 45: Candy

Penelope's P.O.V.

I woke up by someone moving around, lie they were trying to get up without waking me up. I opened my eyes slowly and saw Adam sitting at the edge of the bed, yawning.

He got up and went into the bathroom, soon, I heard the water going on. I yawned and rubbed my eyes.

I heard the water stop, some shuffling and then the bathroom door was open. Adam was there, a towel hanging low on his waist.

"Did I wake you up?" Adam asked, fixing his towel on his waist. I nodded my head. "Sorry." He said, before walking over to me and kissing my forehead.

"Well, good morning beautiful." He smiled at me before waking to the closet to get clothes. I put on the new pair of fluffy socks before going into the bathroom, doing my morning routine also.

We went downstairs and saw Charlie and Mason sitting at the kitchen table, bickering about something.

I walked up to the fridge to pour myself some orange juice, but when I went to get the glass, I found a jar of candy in the corner.

I looked behind me and saw that Adam had joined the conversation with Charlie and Mason too. I grabbed a handful of candy, and shoved them in my pockets I had in my sweatpants.

I poured myself some orange juice, making sure they won't get suspicious. I know I shouldn't be eating candy, but what's the harm in it?

I carried my cup with both hands, and went into the living room, and going up the stairs into our room.

I put the glass down on the nightstand and went into my drawer where I keep stuff and placed my candy there. I took a random piece and it was a mini Hershey bar.

I ripped off the wrapper and took a bite. The chocolate was gone within seconds, and my hand was reaching for more candy.

I wanted to eat all the candy I had in there, but decided against it. I went on the bed, reached for my phone that was untouched for weeks and started playing games.

A couple of minutes later, Adam came into the room. I looked up from the video I was watching on YouTube and saw him looking at the orange juice.

Shoot, I forgot to drink it.

He was about to speak, but he sniffed the air. Does he smell the candy I ate? Adam walked towards the drawer, but before he pulled it open, I was already out of the door.

I bumped into someone, I should really watch out where I'm going. I keep running into people. "What did you do this time?" Leanne asked me, offering her hand.

"I may or may not have eaten some candy." I said quietly. Leanne shook her head at me, "Remember that time when you cut my doll's hair?"

I quickly shook my head, hearing Adam's footsteps come closer. "I still haven't gotten you back on that, since you moved away."

"Wha-" Leanne lift me over her shoulder and turned me around, going where Adam was. I fell limp against he back, knowing that it was useless trying to break free from her grip.

I just ate some candy. What's wrong with that?

I felt myself being lifted from Leanne's shoulder and was in Adam's arms. I gave her a look saying that I'll get her back later.

She smirked at me, "I'll be waiting for that day then." I huffed and cross my arms over my chest.

Adam turned around, going back into our room. "What's so bad about eating candy?" I mumbled when he opened the door.

"It'll ruin the braces, I think the doctor said. I forgot, but he gave me a list of things you can't eat." Adam said as he placed me on the bed.

"Since this little stunt you pulled, I made sure all of the candy is out of your reach, hopefully." He said the last part mostly to himself.

I was about to speak, but I felt pain in my stomach. It was like a fire, it spread throughout my body.

I held my stomach and went on my side. "Adam." I whimpered. "You're heat started." His voice sounded like it was strained.

"It hurts."

"I know it does." I felt Adam moving around in the bed. I felt hot and bothered by the thoughts I heard my wolf saying.

My wolf was making a sound that was in between a growl and a purr. 'Mate! Mate with Adam!' 

'Take off your clothes and mate with him!' My wolf demanded me. I felt my wolf pushing to take control, but I somehow restrained her.

Adam laid down next to me, when I felt the sparks, the pain subsided, but it came back seconds later.

He held me closer, the sparks were more intense than before. My wolf's desire grew bigger as Adam was somewhat hugging me.

"When will it end?" I whispered, scared if the pain would come back. "It's about two to six days. Since I'm an Alpha, it would probably last this whole week."

A week? "Is there a way we can end it faster?" I asked, not wanting to be pain for a whole week.

"We have to mate, the pain will still be there, but it won't be as bad." Adam answered, playing with my hair.

I didn't get to reply because another wave of pain came towards me. I wanted to scream, but all I did was bite my lip.

"I'm hot." Adam's eyes turned pitch black for a few seconds, before I started to see those chocolate brown eyes I've grown to love.

"I'll start a bath for you. Maybe it'll help." When he started to leave, the pain intensified. I sat in a fatal position, waiting for Adam to come back.

I heard the water running, and after a few minutes Adam came back. He carried me bridal style towards the bath tub.

He put me down gently, turning around so I could take off my clothes.

I got into the cold water, it soothed me just by a little. The desire to mate with Adam was still there, though.

The cold water seemed to heat up as time went by. Adam cursed, "I'm going to call Charlie, okay?" I nodded my head.

Charlie was barging through the doors, putting her hands on her knees when she finally reached the bathroom.

When she came in, Adam was already standing on his feet and leaving the room. I heard my wolf whimper.

Charlie somehow heard it, "He's going away because he knows you're still not ready to mate, and with you in heat, all his wolf is thinking is about sex."

This is going to be a long week.

----