[16] We Are Not Friends

*Edited*

Over the course of the next two weeks I was put to work with Trinity in the various rooms of the house. I suppose that statement is actually false because I haven't actually done any work. Furious at the fact that after a month I was still here and I had no ideas on how to get out, I spent most of my time sitting and sulking as I watched Trinity clean and do other things around the palace.

I want to say that I feel bad for making her do two peoples work load, but I don't care because I don't want to do it and honestly, it seems like she always enjoys herself anyways.

That little angel would never stop talking. She didn't care if I answered her or not, she seemed to be quite fond of me. I wasn't sure if it was because I was the only other angel in the palace that she felt some kind of connection to me or if she just liked to ramble on about nothing.

I could never get her to shut up. One day I finally did and she took no offense to it and just started singing for the rest of the day.

Shortly after when I got tired of the singing, she resorted to humming. I've been able to deal with it since. She does have a very nice singing voice. She's just too happy about it.

I helped dust a bit when we were in any rooms with books. I didn't do a good job at all and Trinity always went over it all again, but it was an excuse for me to look at them. I don't want anyone in this household thinking I actually like something. I don't like books. I just wish I could read and know what they all said.

Besides all of that, I never really had any time for myself expect for at night. And for some reason by then I was always way too exhausted to think or try to escape. The odd nights I would get so furious that I would scream, kick and punch the walls and door with all my might trying to get out. But that always ended badly and I felt even more tired the next day.

I know that it has to have something to do with this collar. It wears me out faster than any other and I don't like it. I just have enough energy to get me through the day.

Trying to set up my perfect plan for escape has become a very difficult process. The more in detail I thought about it the more problems I came across.

Would it have been so hard to actually escape from any other palace I've been held at?

My first problem is that all of the guards that were spread around the castle. There weren't many of them but they were big, strong and fast. Not to mention that all of them seem to know how to use the Gael rods very well...

The second issue was that I still have this Gael collar around my neck and no idea of how to get it off. Trying to take it off by force just resulted in hurting me with immense amounts of pain and the only way to unlocked it seemed to be with a Gael rod...

My next problem, which ultimately could be the biggest one was that if by some random chance I did manage to get past all the guards and our of the palace and then get my collar off... Would I have the strength and energy to get away far enough to get to the portal to Hell and not be caught again on the way? Would my wings be strong enough? It has almost been 3 years since I last used them...

It was somewhere around 3 in the morning now as I was finally being brought down to my room by the guard Kyle who was with me at the brick a week ago. It seemed that his new job revolved around me. Letting me out of my room. Bringing me back to my room.

He seemed very young, maybe somewhere in his mid-twenties, just a bit older than me, which I found strange. Why would a boy as young as he be held responsible for such a big duty such as myself? It just didn't seem right to me...