[36] The Burning Is Back!

**IMPORTANT NOTE: There is some adult content in this chapter at the end. I will put some ***** to let you know what it starts if you don't want to read that. Consider yourself warned.

---------[Story Start]---------

It was back. The warm burning was back!

With there only being a month and a half until the prophecy, Hell was growing stronger. The once dead and empty feeling that I had in my core was starting to warm. It was faint but slowly growing and starting to burn again!

Hell’s life force was coming to life within me and that was all that mattered. Not even this blasted collar can keep me away from it. Once it came time for the prophecy, I would be free! The Fallen will rise and we will have more power than before. We will be above these weak Humans and they shall be our slaves!

Life has a funny way of balancing things out.

But there was a small twang of pain and resentment inside my heart at this thought.

With this prophecy, I would be gaining power and freedom but then I would lose Keegan.

It was almost sickening how much that bothered me. It was as though the Pure Angel half of me was getting more pronounced the longer I was around Trinity and all of her goodness and purity.

It took everything in me to push those feelings away and ignore that part of me. I refused to accept or acknowledge the Pure half of my being and soul.

The Pure Angels and God didn’t want me. They made that exceptionally clear when I was banished, thrown out of the Heavens and to the depths of Hell. They didn’t want me but Hell took me in with welcoming open arms. I was accepted there. So I accepted the Fallen half of me and banished the Pure part.

My sudden train of thought was putting me in a foul mood. I haven’t thought much about my Pure half very much. I have never thought about my Pure Angel mother either. In the past I have never had the desire. But now I found myself curious.

I don’t know what my mother looks like. I was but a young child when I was cast out of Heaven and saw her last, so I don’t remember much. But I realized now that I wanted to know more. Or maybe even see her. Just once.

My father, Azrael, never spoke of her very much. He seemed to avoid talking about her as much as possible. But he did say that I looked like her. But instead of straight black hair like my own, hers was always in large, curling dark brown waves. That was all I had to go by.

Would that even be possible? Seeing her, I mean. I didn’t know for sure, but if I ever had the chance to see her, I would. I think… Would she hate me for what I am, for what I had become without her guidance?

I am not and never have been a lady, but I feel as though she was.

Shaking my head, I tried to focus my mind on something else. I didn’t want to think of my mother anymore. I didn’t want to think of the fact that I was half Pure. Nothing about me now was Pure and that was the end of that.

Deciding that it was early enough to get up, I pushed my blankets off of me and stood up. Getting dressing in my black pants and layered shirt and corset vest, I got ready for the day.

The days were getting colder, I thought as I slipped my feet into my knee-high leather boots. My old slippers weren’t warm enough anymore. Leaving my room I was surprised to see Trinity standing there waiting for me. She had a huge smile on her face. Her sudden appearance made me jump slightly.

“Good morning, Victoria!”

“Trinity?” I said perplexed at her appearance. She never showed up this early in the morning when I helped the apprentice’s train, “What are you doing here?”