[42] Anger Is A Powerful Thing

*Victoria’s P.O.V.*

Drip… Drip… Drip…

What is that god awful sound! I exclaimed to myself. I had woken up moments ago but I still felt so tired that I tried to continue to sleep. But that was futile with that constant, annoying dripping noise.

Why would there be a dripping noise in my room though? That doesn’t make much sense.

Finally forcing my eyes open part way, I was greeted by darkness and I realized how musky, moldy and damp it smelt in here. Pushing myself up into a sitting position, I dully noted that I was lying on a damp and dirty rock floor, the grains of sand and rock pressing uncomfortably into the palms of my hands.

It instantly dawned on me then, as I thought back to yesterday’s events, that I was put into the dungeons. At least I hope it was yesterday. Realistically there is no way for me to know how long I had been unconscious for.

My rage slowly started to seep back into me as I took in the dungeon surroundings with my vision starting to adjust to the lack of light. Shifting my legs to cross them underneath me, I felt the weight and heard the clanging of a metal chain that was evidently attached to my ankle.

I scoffed at this. At least he had the decency to not put a Gael chain on me… But I was also glad. The chain meant that they feared me again. Good. They should.

With my hands resting on my thighs, they were clenched into tight fists and I could feel them shaking in my rage.

Being alone in the dark with nothing to keep my mind occupied besides that insistent dripping noise, I began thinking about everything and anything. The more I thought about it, the angrier I became…

I was angry at my situation, at being a slave, at the Human race, at Keegan…

Yes, I was most definitely angry with Keegan. All of those times we were together, all of those moments we shared, all of the feelings of what I had thought was love at the time. I hated it all. I never want to remember any of that.

I never want to remember how happy I felt when I was with him.

Because he used me. He didn’t return any of those feelings at all. He betrayed my trust. The most important thing to me. He lied when he told me that trust was important to him as well. He only meant that to gain information from me.

And like a naive fool, I fell right into his trap.

Now I was just angry with myself. So much anger… I silently vowed then that I would never make that same mistake twice.

I had been right that feelings of love were pointless and only made you weak. I should never have bothered with it…

I suddenly felt the tingling sensation in the pit of my stomach again. Slowly but surely it grew and grew. I almost smiled when I realized what that meant. I couldn’t se the dark shadow coming together to form a figure but when he was standing fully in front of me, I couldn’t help but smile slightly as I took in the sight of my friend.

Asmodeus…

In a second I was on my feet, the chain around my ankle clanking loudly against the rock floor. My joints protested but I didn’t care as I instantly wrapped my arms around his torso in a firm hug.

His arms came around me just as quickly, “It’s good to see you too, Victoria,” his familiar voice soothed my temper and I felt myself slightly relax in his hold.

Pulling myself back a bit so that I could look at his face, I could just barely see him looking around the space with a confused look on his face.

“Why are you in a dungeon? I thought you had your own room,” he inquired.