[38] The Battle With The Lycans

Only two months instead of three... Haha! Sorry for the wait again! I'm getting better with the time though. Next time it will only be one month and it will just keep getting better from there! Found this chapter hard to write too because I have never written this kind of thing before.

Let me know how it was in a comment below!! Would love to know how I can improve for the future! Don't forget to vote too!

Thanks guys! Love you all! <3

*Keegan's P.O.V.*

The cool breeze blew effortlessly through the trees and fanned across our faces. Mixed with the bright sun warming the Earth, the sounds of birds chirping and the soft trickling of water tumbling down the creek under us as we crossed over the bridge, it was hard to imagine that we were riding to a war.

There was an odd sense of calm that hovered around us now. That would slowly fade as we neared the city. I can only imagine how much the city must be in turmoil now. Unless people were trained for it, there was no way that the villagers would be able to protect themselves against the Lycans if they were to overthrow our soldiers and enter the city.

As our small party was getting onto our horses, ready to leave, I thought back to how Arianna had acted and I scoffed. It was all such a lie. She didn’t care. She acted like she did in front of the others, but I knew for a fact that she was only angry with me.

After I gave her a kiss good bye on the cheek she turned into a nervous, sad sobbing mess. Between her cries, she kept going on about how she was so afraid for our lives and that she didn’t want her beloved fiancée to die while out at war.

But I could see right through her act and it sickened me. Without another word, I ordered us all to leave and we urged our horses to gallop through the gates and down the road until we could no longer see the palace behind us.

Nothing about me wanted to think about Arianna anymore. I found now that my thoughts drifted to Victoria. All I could picture was her beautiful smiling face and her feminine laugh.

A small smile now covered my face. I was glad that I was ahead of the others a bit so they couldn’t see.

It was hard to believe the feelings that I had developed for the Fallen Angel. If anything I should be the last Human to have fallen in love with one of those dark creatures.

I remember when I was just a little boy; my mother and father and I were all sitting in the living room by the fireplace in our decently sized stone home in the city. The middle of winter, it was a cold night and I sat on my fathers lap. He was reading me stories of the old warriors who first captured the Angels when they first started to rebel and escape imprisonment. Stories of the first Fallen and rogues to attack the Humans. My mother sat on a chair to our left, knitting a sweater for me.

I knew all of the stories off by heart. Even 4 years ago when I was a young child at only the age of 6, I knew that I wanted to be an Angel Hunter. I wanted people to write stories about me in great battles. I also wanted to just be like my father. He was also an Angel Hunter, but he hadn’t fought in any battles. The Angels hadn’t rebelled in the past few generations.

“And with a mighty swing of his broadsword, King Horrent V defeated the evil Fallen Angel Astaroth and ended his hoard of followers. In his victory, the King took the large black stone from the Angels headpiece…” my father was saying.

My eyes, full of wonder and amazement, looked up at my fathers face in amazement.

“Wow! Did you ever know King Horrent, father?” I asked.