[32] Plans

Keegan's P.O.V.

Eric had just finished describing the situation that had transpired in Denfold to everyone and it was clear from the looks on everyone's faces that they all understood the magnitude of this problem. Upon hearing the news once again, the shock of it all hit me again although it was slightly less painful this time.

We were sitting around a long table. Father Elgin at the head and everyone else scattered down the sides. I stood at the window, looking out down at the church courtyard, where many students were still lingering about, practicing their fighting skills and catching up on some reading.

"This is an outrage!" Peter exclaimed, "What kind of freak of nature could have actually allowed for this to happen!"

"What are the chances..." Father Elgin said in a distant tone.

Eric sounded defensive now, "I will assure you that in no other circumstance would this have been able to happen at the penitentiary. Never before has anything breached the walls in such a huge manner and we are taking any and all necessary precautions against it ever happening again in the future."

"Unless there is another big storm, apparently..." Michael sneered. He was angry that it happened, which was understandable. But it did not put Eric at fault.

"What happened during that storm was not our fault! You and everyone else know that Denfold has been the trusted city to hold the captive Lycans for centuries! Something such as this does not happen under regular circumstances," Eric explained, trying hard to keep calm.

I spoke up now and walked back over to stand by the table trying to refocus the group to the real problem, "Clearly, something must be done. We must be prepared for anything to come from this. The most logical thing to actually happen is a war from the Lycans. Judging by their attitude and their means for revenge, it seems highly probable."

"This will put the city in panic!" Cathy exclaimed, putting a hand to her heart.

I nodded, "Precisely why we came here today. We will need all of your help in deciding what we can and what must be done, sooner rather than later to help protect the city and the people."

Cathy raised an eyebrow, "Why collect us first and not take this to the council right away? It seems like a big enough issue that it should have been taken there first..."

"I felt that it would be better to get a small, strong group of people to know all of the details first and come to some sort of agreement on what should and can be done. This way when we present the information to the council we will have all areas covered and they won't have much to discuss and we can get to work right away. The council has a lot of people. If they were to try to decide what must be done there would be so many ideas thrown around that nothing would get done quickly. This way, we are presenting solid plans that they can approve and it will be done with that much sooner. We can't waste any time with this. We have to act!"

I looked at Michael's big form and said, "Whatever we agree on here, you and I can take to the Angel Society Council tomorrow and propose to them and get any extra help that we will need."

He nodded, "You can meet me there early tomorrow morning and it will be the first topic of the day."

Peter, the Angel behaviorism psychologist at the institute, said, "What I don't like is how close this happened to the prophecy. The exact calculated date is October the 31st. As you are all well aware, this is the night of all hallows eve. Quite ironic, in my mind..."

"Yes, well," I answered, "Although the Lycans are not directly a part of the prophecy, they are beings of Hell and there is a good chance that they are in fact a part of it all. When they plan to attack us is the mystery. Will it be on the day of the prophecy or will it be a early attack..."