[59] Angel of...

I pulled away slowly and was shocked at what I saw.

There was a loud gasp from somewhere behind me and I heard Lucifer say slowly, "What is this...?"

My hand that rest over Keegan's heart was glowing a brilliant white color that seemed brighter than the sun and it was slowly spreading over his entire body; consuming him and making some kind of cocoon around him. I noticed that his face that had just been a mask of pain only moments ago, now looked at peace.

What was going on?

A few gasps sounded from all around me and I looked up to see shocked faces. Eyes wide, some were whispering or pointing at something behind me. Confused, I looked back to see that my once black as night wings were tingling and turning white at the very ends and the white was spreading.

I gasped in shock as well and I brought them around me to see that now the white had spread to cover the bottom half of my large wings.

A light pressure squeezes my fingers that had been resting on Keegan's chest. Looking down, I thought I must have been dreaming. Those beautiful pools of blue were looking up at me and a gentle smile transformed his whole face. His hand gently held mine and I still wasn't sure if I could believe the warmth I felt then.

Keegan was alive! But how?

My eyes darted down to see that the stab wound was completely gone. All that was left, as evidence was blood and a tear in his shirt.

"How is this possible?" I mumbled to myself.

"It was your touch," he said gently. But his voice was different. It was deeper and came out smoothly and without flaw. There was something ethereal about it.

But I was still confused, "My touch? But I don't understand... My touch only takes life away."

"Victoria..." he practically purred, "I am forever yours and in your debt. My life is yours."

My mind was racing as I tried to understand but his words were confusing me. Keegan doesn't speak this way... "I felt your soul leave your body. You were dead!"

"And you gave me life..."

I was silent and at a loss for words.

"This cannot be!" a furious voice bellowed from behind me. A rough hand grabbed my upper arm and ripped me away from Keegan, forcing me to stand as I fumbled on my feet. I looked up at Lucifer's face to see his blazing red eyes.

Keegan was quickly on his feet and about to come towards me when I was thrust back away from him and Lucifer continued to bark his orders to his Fallen, "He is supposed to be dead! Guards! Kill him! Kill this Angel Hunter and feed his bloody corpse to the hounds!"

I could sense the panic in his voice, which made me wonder why he would be scared of Keegan all of a sudden. Two Fallen soldiers stepped forwards and I instantly yelled at them to stop as I tried to free myself.

"No! Leave him alone!"

Swords raised, my desperate plea was ignored as they ran towards Keegan. I watched on helpless.

Keegan simply stood there calmly until his right hand started to glow and a long curved seraph blade suddenly formed.

"No... That's not possible..." I heard Lucifer mumble.

He moved with incredible speed and agility and strength. I had seen Keegan fight with a sword many times before but it was nothing like this. His body moved like the wind. All of his movements were silky smooth and fluid and with a few quick strokes of his angelic blade, the Fallen were dead at his feet.