[41] Back to the Beginning

In my sleepy haze I thought I heard the sound of my little Angels voice, struggling to be heard. But it couldn’t be. She was ever so slowly dying. I knew she was. No Pure Angel has ever survived a Lycan bite before. Surely my little Trinity couldn’t be the first to prove the world wrong.

But there it was again; a hoarse whisper that broke the silence.

Peeling my eyes open, I tried to shield them from the bright sunlight that seemed to glow in the infirmary. I didn’t get much sleep at all last night with Keegan… Maybe a couple hours, but I was exhausted. Once I had come to visit Trinity in the morning, I had fallen asleep right beside her.

Quickly rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, I forced myself awake to direct my attention to the bed.

And there she was, eyes half opened with dark circles, pale clammy skin and a weak expression on her face.

I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. After 5 days of this girl being in a tormented and painful sleep, she has finally woken up.

“W-wat-er….” She was just able to choke out.

Not being able to force out any words at this point, I hastily stood up and went to the table beside the bed and poured a small cup of water that was waiting for this exact moment.

When I turned, I saw that her attention was now to the right side of the bed where Eric’s large bulk was currently sleeping in another chair.

“Here,” I managed to choke out as I lifted the cup to her lips and helped her to drink.

“Thank… you.”

I smiled and sat down as she returned the gesture.

“How are you feeling?” I asked.

“Awful,” she said with a smile and then her gaze flickered between Eric and myself, “How long have you two been sitting here?”

 “Well, I visited you every morning and afternoon. Eric has rarely left your side, if only for meals and a few times to relieve his aching muscles and such….”

Her eyebrows scrunched up in confusion, “How long have I been sleeping for?”

“Five days…” her eyes widened, “But you are very lucky. No Pure Angel has ever survived a Lycan bite before. Your Lord must have been smiling down on you.”

“Thank you… for being with me,” she whispered.

I nodded, “Of course…”

It was just at that moment when Eric finally stirred awake. Keeping his eyes shut, he lifted his arms up in a much-needed stretch before relaxing and slowly opening his eyes.

As soon as he saw Trinity’s face, his face broke out into the biggest smile and it almost looked like he was going to cry.

“Trinity! My angel, you are finally awake!” He said while pulling his chair closer to her side and reaching a hand forward to brush her hair back behind her ear.

“Eric…” she could just lift her hand towards his face, but clearly she was struggling. He grabbed her hand delicately in both of his and kissed it before holding it to his face.

“I am so happy that you are awake, Trinity. I have been devastated these passed few days,” he choked out, “I was so afraid that my perfect angel was already being taken away from me, so soon after I finally found her…”

I watched as a couple of tears fell down her cheeks and Eric leaned forward with his massive bulk hovering over her dainty one, as he gently kissed the tears away.