[25] A Fallen Guest

*Victoria's P.O.V.*

It was sometime later that night, after Trinity had brought me some food at lunchtime, that I finally awoke again. Looking at my bedside table, I noticed that the candle had just recently burnt out. It's small wisps of grey smoke, leaving the pool of still warm glassy wax, swirled and lifted towards the ceiling in a desperate effort to escape.

My body was feeling much better now. My mind was well rested as well, so I was able to think more clearly again which was nice for a change.

There was a pitcher of water beside me, so I sat up, happy that my muscles were no longer protesting in such a rude manner, and I poured myself some water to drink.

The feelings that filled me then were unexplainable.

I would suppose that you would have to be a Fallen to understand. I got a tingling sensation in the pit of my stomach. Call it intuition, but I knew something of my kind was coming for me now.

All of my senses were on full alert now. I felt as though I were back in the forest, intently watching for any Hunters who were lying in wait for me.

It was then that a dark shadowy form started to materialize right before me. I eyed it skeptically. Being who I am, in this particular place, no matter the Hellish feelings I got, one could never be too trust-worthy of the unknown.

I brought my legs up to me, suddenly feeling a bit vulnerable as I just simply sat on my bed. I had no weapons. I had no access to my powers. If this was danger, how was I to defend myself? Especially as I was in a weakened state from this blasted golden collar.

The dark form slowly started to take shape. All of the muscles in my body seemed to become more and more tense as I prepared for the worst. I was ready to defend myself if that was the case.

My eyes widened when the dark humanly figure took on its final image. I couldn't believe me eyes.

"Asmodeus?" I asked in disbelief.

My long time, faithful friend smiled at me, "Hello, my dearest Victoria."

After getting over my shock, a huge smile claimed my face. I can't remember the last time I smiled. Truly smiled. Smiled for me and out of happiness. The last time must have been the last time I saw Asmodeus, on my 17th birthday, which was just 2 and a half years ago now.

Without any hesitation, I threw my bed sheets off of my legs and I sprung up to my feet to embrace my friend. I reached out and wrapped my arms tightly around him and I almost was too amazed and shocked when I was suddenly holding onto a solid form. Tears threatened the edges of my eyes.

My arms secured themselves tighter around his shoulders and my face buried into his neck. I smiled when I felt his arms return my embrace.

"I have missed you so much..." I said into his neck.

I felt him chuckle and give my body a gentle squeeze, "I have missed you as well, Vicki. Our lord only knows how much I have missed you over the past years..."

I pulled away from him so I was able to look him up and down before my eyes looked at his face, "How did you get in here? This shouldn't be possible..."

Asmodeus looked around himself now as if unsure of how to answer. "I had not been strong enough to get here until now. What with Lucifer wanting me to train my demons I also have been very weak as of late and I have also not been allowed a free moment to myself..."

"Oh..." I frowned to myself as my mind thought that over. I instantly found it hard to believe. He didn't need to always be there to train his demons. He had other demons for that!