[55] The Stone City

*Victoria’s P.O.V.*

From our spot on the dais in front of the Enochian stone, I watched in wide-eyed fascination as thousands upon thousands of demons of all shapes and sizes poured up out of the fiery pits around us and quickly found their way into the portal.

I had pushed the sword the rest of the way into the stone and watched as a huge beam of bright red light shot up from the stone and slowly grew to be a few paces wide in diameter. The light looked like it went up forever and the demons all disappeared as they stepped into it.

Materializing in the center of earths Hell’s Gate crater…

I must have been too focused on watching to hear Lucifer call his orders but suddenly there were Original Fallen who were now entering the portal, dressed in full battle attire, ready for war.

Lucifer turned to me. He had a wicked grin on his face.

“Let us go watch our accomplishments. The human soldiers should be nothing but a petty nuisance for our demons and I can’t imagine that they will stay around for long before they decide to retreat back home to hide and cower in fear,” he waved his arms up as he spun to look at the portal once more in awe, “Our greatest fantasy is finally coming true.”

He was standing in front of me suddenly and I tried to hide my flinch, “And it was all because of you…” he said to me endearingly.

One of his hands came up and gently stroked the side of my face. I kept his intense eye contact and noticed that in his excitement for the prophecy, his true inner demon was closer to the surface. His teeth were pointed and his pupils were narrowed slits, like a snake.

“I couldn’t be more proud of myself,” I stated. Although a small part of me wondered if this feeling truly were all pride…

With one last sinister smile to me, he dropped his hand and took a step back before barking out his next order, “Asmodeus!”

Stepping up beside me, Asmodeus didn’t look at me as he bowed to his master, “Yes, my lord?”

“Get to the surface and start commanding your demons. As soon as the humans start to retreat, give the orders that they are to spread out and start taking down the cities defenses. I don’t want the soldiers to go back home and set up there and make it a hassle for us when we go to each city. We will hunt them down once we have control of everything and they have nowhere to go,” he explained.

Asmodeus nodded once slowly, “Yes, sir.”

I hated how tight-lipped Asmodeus was being. I knew that he was doing it for my sake. If I hadn’t been in the room, he would have been his normal cool, calm and collected self who was far more easy-going than this robot.

I watched as he brought out his large dark grey wings and flew straight up and into the portal.

“You won’t get away with this….” I heard a quiet voice say from behind me.

One of my eyebrows rose in question as Lucifer looked around me in confusion as well. I turned to see Keegan still kneeling on the floor. Lucifer had made him sit there like that for hours while we waited for dawn to approach. Looking down at him now, I could see many things. A couple of tears ran down his face. They weren’t tears of sadness from crying, however, they were from pure rage. It still showed weakness though. His jaw was clenched and his fists were so tight that his knuckles were white. What shocked me slightly was that he was holding a gaze with Lucifer, never faltering.

“Pardon me?” Lucifer said mockingly as he stepped a bit closer to stand in front of him while I stood just off to the side.

My father was standing to my right but I couldn’t understand the look on his face. It looked like a mixture of annoyance and indifference. I’m sure he didn’t have any care for the human in front of him. It didn’t matter to him at all that he was a descendent of the man who figured out how to enslave and hunt our kind. To him, Keegan was just another human whose soul he could take and someday very soon, he probably would.