[50] I Am Hell

*Keegan’s P.O.V.*

The two guards forced me to walk into the middle of the huge circle and stand in front of the random boulder in the middle and face the powerful looking Angel, before they moved to stand off to the side of the room near the doors. The red-eyed gaze from the man in front of me was very disconcerting. A part of me wanted to look away but I forced myself to be strong and look right back at him.

“What is your name, human?” to say that I was shocked to hear such perfect English come so easily to him was a bit of an understatement.

I had assumed that it would be choppy and difficult to understand, but instead he seemed to know the language quite well. I suppose if this were actually the Devil that it would make sense. He has been around for all of eternity, surely that would be enough time to master all of the languages of the various lands.

“My name is none of your concern,” I said defiantly. The less they knew about me, the better.

The Devil made a look as if he wanted to agree with me to empathize with my nervousness but at the same time didn’t, “Well, yes, it kind of is. You are in my home, my kingdom, you see, and I like to know the names of my guests.”

I sighed, seeing no easy way out of this, “My name is Keegan.”

“Keegan what?” he pressed.

The muscles in my jaw clenched, “Just Keegan.”

The Devil’s face dropped in annoyance and the blonde angel to my left said, “He’s a bit of a stubborn fellow, isn’t he…” something in the tone of his voice told me that he remembered me and knew exactly who I was. I just didn’t understand why he didn’t say anything to his Lord.

“Ok then, just Keegan,” my attention snapped back to the Devil as he spoke, “my name is Lucifer. Just Lucifer,” he said with a smirk, “So tell me, what exactly were you doing snooping around Hell’s Gate?”

I shrugged my shoulders in a nonchalant manner, “I was trying to find the portal into Hell, I’ve heard rumors about it, and apparently I found it.”

The older angel who was drowning in colorful fabrics and jewels scoffed and I turned my head to glance at him as he crossed his arms over his chest, “Technically you didn’t find the portal. You were taken hostage and brought into Hell. A foolish mistake on your part.”

“Unless he wanted to be here…” the younger Fallen beside him said thoughtfully.

I shuffled nervously on my feet and tried to remain calm but my heart was still beating frantically and it took all of my self-control to slow down my breathing.

Looking back at the Devil himself, I saw that he looked even more curious about me. Leaning an elbow on the armrest he asked me, “Why did you wish to come here?”

The serious tone in his voice forced me to swallow the lump that had formed in my throat as I realized that I was about to completely lie to the Devil, “I just wanted to actually see the Devil for myself,” I made it a point to look him up and down in disappointment, “but to be honest with you, I’m not very impressed with what I see…”

Apparently this wasn’t the right thing to say… Before I could blink, the scariest thing that I have ever seen in my entire life was suddenly right in front of my face.

In an instant, the Devil was on his feet right before me and his face morphed into the true demon that I expected him to be. His skin paled to alabaster white as his jaw dropped to twice the normal size to display wide arranges of sharp white teeth and a long, split snake-like tongue. His hands came up with huge talons, ready to rip me apart as he hissed at me.