[26] Everyone Is Learning

I was going to update this 2 hours like I said I was going to, but I decided to add some things and do a bit of editting before and I got a bit carried away. It's a lot longer than usual, I think. I hope you all enjoy reading!

---------[ Story Start ]----------

*Keegan's P.O.V.*

"Would you like some more wine, love?" I asked Arianna, holding the bottle up in question after I had finished filling my own crystal glass half way.

Looking at her slightly glazed over eyes and the loopy grin on her face, as she rested her elbows on the dinner table, I could already tell that she didn't need any more of this rich liquor. I only offered because it was the polite thing to do.

Her eyes swung around to look at me, the grin still plastered there. She looked down at her glass, noticing that it was a small sip away from being completely empty. Snatching the glass up, nearly dropping it on the marble floor, she finished off the wine and practically shoved it in my face.

Yes, she has definitely had enough to drink.

"Yess..." she slurred, "I would looovve s'more wine."

Resisting the urge to grimace, I pour a few large mouthfuls into her cup.

Arianna looked at the small amount and pouted but nonetheless didn't complain and simply tossed it down her throat, not even enjoying the rich flavor that resulted from years upon years of aging.

The human maids came in then and under a minute, all of the dishes and dirty plates, besides the two wine glasses, were cleared, leaving Arianna and myself to do what we pleased.

I simply watched as Arianna scanned the room, making sure it was empty of any on-looking eyes before she focused her gaze back on me. I felt like a mouse staring its cat attacker straight in the face. Taking a sip of the wine I thought of how it was times like these where I felt uncomfortable around her.

I have come to realize that I do not love Arianna. At least not in the way that a man should love the woman that he is going to marry.

Sure I love her company and looks and even her skills in the bedroom. But what kind of a love is that? I love the idea of her.

I think I am only really marrying her because I have always been obsessed with the idea of having a wife, and living in a huge palace, being more than rich and maybe even starting a family with a great job to support my family.

It is quite sad that I have only realized this now. The wedding is to take place in just over 4 months time as we have been engaged for far too long. But I am starting to wish that I wasn't.

"Dinner was quite nice, wasn't it darling?" I said awkwardly, taking another quick sip of my drink. I never knew what to say to her when she was in such a state... Taking up the handkerchief from my lap, I use it to wipe my mouth before placing it on the table beside me.

Crossing her arms on the table and leaning forward, causing her breasts to be pushed even farther out so that they were almost spilling out of her dress neckline, she winked and said, "Delicious," and then licked her top lip.

Now, I am a man and I have to admit that the look of all of that did cause my pants to tighten a bit.

As much as I wanted to take her to my bed and satisfy my sudden need, I knew that I still had a previous engagement to attend to.

I took up my cup once last time and finished its contents quickly, not wanting to prolong this any longer. I cleared my throat and pushed my chair back so I could stand. Arianna did so as well hastily, almost tripping over her skirts.