[56] The King and Queen

Before long, we had made our way into the castle with relative ease. All was empty and dead inside. I guess they really were ready for our arrival and either fled or hid. Lucifer was absolutely confident that they were all hiding somewhere in the city. I don't know how he was so confident but I decided not to question him.

Our small party of Lucifer's council was now currently standing out on the large balcony that overlooked the main city square.  Asmodeus had joined us again and was currently lying back on the balcony ledge seemingly bored. My father was off to one side with Lucifer as they quietly discussed something no one else could hear. The two prophets were huddled around their prophetic books on a table they had some demons bring out for them. The fat man, Muriel and the bird lady, Jarvaenla seemed to have raided the castles kitchens as they sipped on a goblet of red wine and laughed and talked jovially, most likely about our success in the prophecy thus far.

And here I stood in the center of it all. Keegan stood to my left with his two guards diligently standing behind us, waiting for any command. They had removed the chains from his wrists, at my request. Some of my peers gave me questioning looks but one glance from me and they kept their mouths shut.

I am the Angel of Death's daughter, I could kill with a single touch; a mere thought, I am the portal keeper, I will be Lucifer's mate. I will be their Queen...

No one would dare to question me now.

The low bellow of a horn sounded throughout the city, bringing us all out of our current minds and to attention. The others were instantly at the balcony edge, looking out into the city to see what was found. I motioned for Keegan and the guards to come with me as I slowly walked forward as well and stood slightly off to the side.

"Ge'iad!" A group of Hakil demons called from below.

And there they were, from the left side of the castle, through the narrow city streets, a group of demons walked forward and shuffling behind them were the Humans and their angel slaves alike. I tried not to scoff at the sight. Not so much better than your slaves now are you, Humans...

I watched on quietly as our captives slowly filtered into the center square, the demons and Fallen warriors ushering them around. You could hear the crying and sobbing and occasional scream.

There was one woman trying to run away from the crowd and escape out of the city; one of the fallen quickly flew over and dropped down in front of her and in the same movement they brought their sword up and across her neck in a clean slice. A handful of demons were there in a second to quickly lap up the blood as it spilled out of her veins and ripped her flesh clean off her bones.

The crowd around her started to scream and move further towards the center and away from the feast before them. I glanced out of the corner of my eye to see that Keegan had paled and was holding down a gag; I smirked at that.

"This is marvelous!" Lucifer suddenly exclaimed as he threw his head back and laughed maniacally, "Find me my King and Queen!"

Everyone started to animatedly talk together expect for me. I continued to watch the events happening below us. I couldn't tear my eyes away though. I was conflicted. I felt no remorse for the Humans. That one woman was out of line when she tried to run away and escape. She deserved her fate. But as I looked at the faces of the crying children and terrified mothers as they hugged their children, I felt a strange pang in my heart. Did they all really need to be slaughtered now that we had finally escaped our underground prison?

Is not the whole purpose of our escape to finally rejoin our holy home in the heavens? Why must we kill most if not all of the humans in the process? As Fallen, they only captured me and we didn't care for the Pure Angel scum. They were weak and got caught and that is no fault of our own...