[19] Visit From The Witch

----------[Story Start]----------

*Edited*

As we turned the last corner, we came upon a wall of glass. What made my heart jump out of my chest was the sight.

The sun was shining bright; it's rays gracing the floors on the inside of the palace. Everything looked green and the bit of sky that I could see through the treetops was a brilliant blue.

After Trinity opened the door, which I scowled at, my first instinct was to free my wings and fly with the ever-gentle breeze. But when I tried, the collar gave me a small shock of pain and I felt a wave of tiredness overwhelm me, making me slightly light-headed. The reminder that I couldn't access my own angel magic to release my wings was emotionally painful as well.

Trying to not let that bring down my spirits, I took a deep breath of the fresh clean air and enjoyed the feeling of it filling my lungs. The suns rays of light warmed my skin and the soft breeze blew through my hair and made it dance.

There were birds chirping from somewhere in the trees and everything was so green and alive. I was instantly reminded of why I loved living in the woods on Earth.

If it weren't for the fence that lined the immediate lawn area, I would have made a run for it...

"Victoria! Over here!" I heard Trinity call out to me.

Looking to my left, I saw Trinity waving to me. I looked back and forth between her and the fence. My heart longed to run, but I mentally shook my head and started walking to the little angel.

She rounded a garden and walked up onto a stone patio that was lined with beautiful flowers and off in the distance by the other gardens around the lawn, I noticed now that there were gardeners tending to them.

Ahead of me, I could hear the sounds of people grunting and metal clashing together.

My body tensed up as I walked up the stone steps and peered over at where the noise was coming from.

I was fairly intrigued with what I saw. There was some sort of circular training area made up of a shoulder height fence that was about 40 yards in diameter with various weapons and targets placed all around. It was there, in the open center, where 4 people either stood or sparred. One I recognized to be Lord Keegan and the other three were most likely the apprentices.

Looking to my left now, I saw that Arianna was lying across a large lounge chair and was wearing one of her very revealing lightweight gowns. She was reading a book and glancing down at the Hunters every now and again. I guess she was more specifically looking at her fiancée. I highly doubted that she could actually read...

My eyes wandered back to the field, as Arianna hadn't noticed me yet. The three apprentices were taking turns in fighting with Keegan and using many of the different weapons. I hated to say it but my eyes seemed to linger on Keegan...

Trinity had been very truthful; he liked to train without a shirt. I suppose it made sense as they were working hard and it was fairly hot out already. So I couldn't help but notice Lord Keegan's figure... How the sun had lightly kissed his skin, giving it a light brown glow. And how his strong muscles flexed with every movement and the beads of sweat were running down his perfectly sculpted body all the way over his shoulders, down his back and chest all the way to-

"Finally! There you two are!" Arianna's loud and obnoxious voiced called out.

My eyes widened and blinked madly as Lady Arianna brought me out of my zoning. I was surprised at the warm feeling that I just noticed was now filling my entire body. How could I have thought such things about him?!