[20] Me Help You?

*Edited*

[Story Start]

*Keegan's P.O.V.*

Questions...

So many questions had been running through my mind lately, more so than they usually do. Ever since I had brought the Fallen woman to my palace, I have wanted to know more and more about her. Needed to know more.

There is a strong chance that my questions would not be welcomed. Surely she wouldn't just speak freely with me. She despises me. So why would she tell me anything?

I wanted to know things about her real home, Hell. No one has ever been there or seen it and come back to tell about it, obviously... And anyone who has ever been visited or come across a Fallen never usually lives to tell the tale either.

She will never speak of it with me...

There are just so many questions. A reason I had done so well in my class and graduated early and at the top was because, besides the fact that I was the best logical thinker and best fighter, I knew everything. I asked the questions that most people would be afraid to ask. I thought about things more.

I was currently lying flat on my back in bed, arms up and behind my head. Arianna was sprawled across me wrapped in nothing but the thin bed sheet.

As strange as it was, I had this beautiful woman lying naked upon me, willing to do anything for me. Yet all I can think about is the rogue, Fallen angel slave girl that is a level below me in her own bed.

Memories of last night flooded into my mind. Victoria had been so fragile and innocent when she was in my arms as I carried her all of 50 paces to her room. Nothing about her screamed death as it normally did when she was alert and pierced her eyes into your very soul. As hard as she may try to hide it, her eyes said everything about her, unless she was angry and glaring. That consumed all feeling out of her eyes.

When she was on her bed and pulled me close, she had been so soft. Her skin had been cold and I wanted to warm her up and take care of her, really I did, but I knew that if she had been in her right and sober mind, she would not have allowed that to happen. I shouldn't have let that happen.

I shook my head in disgust as I remembered... I had almost kissed her.

For a split second, I forgot what she was and felt drawn to her. She has a great strength about her. It may be for evil but I'm sure she can do good things if she tried to.

Unlike Arianna, who cares little to nothing for others, Victoria has passion. She is actually still living because of something in her life. It may be for the Devil's prophecy to gain power but it was still something that she took seriously. And that drew me to her.

I always wanted someone in my life that was passionate. And not just in the intimate way that Arianna was.

My fiancée murmured something in her sleep and glancing out the window, I saw the tip of the sun rising over the horizon and I knew that it was time to get up for training my apprentices. Arianna would come out later on to watch.

Slipping out from under her, I pulled the covers up over her shoulders so she would not get cold. Grabbing my boxers that had been aimlessly thrown onto the floor at some point in the night, I pulled them on and I went into my closet and got dressed in a pair of light slacks and a white short-sleeved cotton shirt.

With Arianna still in bed, not having stirred from my absence, I sighed and left the room. Sometimes I wished that I would leave the room and just once she would wake up before I leave and wonder where I was and miss me before I stepped out the door.