[15] Supervision

Edited

[Story Start]

Victoria's P.O.V.

Getting out of this household was proving more difficult than I initially thought it was going to be.

The "hole" was definitely living up to its name. It was essentially just a four by four foot room in the underground dungeons. It was entirely made up of bricks and the door was basically a thick slab of concrete with no handle. I very much felt as though I were stuck in a dark hole.

My body felt sluggish and my head was very heavy although I wasn't tired, as I had already slept many hours after I was initially beaten into submission. I had come to the conclusion that there was Gael in the stone. Some more than others, as they sent pulsing waves of agony through my bones and there was nothing I could do to get away from it. Now that I had been on them for so long, the pain was numbing but my entire body hurt.

It feels as if any extra energy I had before was being sucked out of me. I'm sure my face would be pale and sunken in by this time to show the pain coursing through me. My limbs felt heavy and useless and my hair must be hanging limp and lifelessly down my back.

When I had first seen the hole, I had thought that it would remind me of Hell, dark and bare so I wouldn't have a problem with it. But Hell was simply a darker version of Heaven compared to this place. At least in Hell I am welcomed, have  other Fallen to talk to, creatures who worship the ground I walk on and nothing is hurting me.

Thankfully there was the tiniest slit in the door that let in a tiny bit of light. If it wasn't there, I'm sure I would have gone insane a long time ago.

I've had nothing to do but sit here for hours on end and I was already starting to feel like I was losing my mind. My patience had already long since worn out. I had no way of knowing how much time had passed and I was hoping beyond hope that my time in this deathbed was almost over. The Lord Keegan Hunter said that I was to be put in here for 24 hours, I'm sure it has been the allotted time.

Just as I thought it; as if I had sent the thought to the dumb, brutish guard's head, I heard the sound of big heavy footsteps coming down the hallway to come and get me.

I pulled my knees closer to my chest and winced at the tingling feeling that shot through my muscles. In fact, my whole body resented the small movement; my muscles contracted1 painfully and I couldn't suppress the hissing wince that escaped my dry chapped lips.

There was a loud click that echoed in the small room. It seemed so loud to me as I had heard nothing but silence for the last 24 hours that it made my ears ring. My hands instantly went to cover them and my eyes squeezed shut.

Being in the dark for so long, not moving, seems to have made my senses way more sensitive.

The door opened outward, making a loud scrapping noise as it brushed roughly across the concrete floor. I whimpered slightly then hissed out in pain and anger when I took a peek out the door and had my eyes burning in their sockets.

A guard that I recognized was standing right there in front of me and he scoffed loudly and said, "Get up!"

As I removed my hands from my face and opened my eyes slightly at what was really the surprisingly dim light of the fire lamps that lines the dungeon halls, my head started to pound painfully. With the light behind him, I couldn't see the expression on the guards face but I've been around Humans long enough to guess what he was thinking.

Feeling as weak and sore as I was and looking at his tall, lean and muscular figure, I decided that I was going to follow his orders and not make things difficult for the both of us. I've been here not quite four full days and I've been severely punished twice. I don't need anymore for a while.