Hospitalized

yasmine_baby98

#2 "I'm Done"

#4 "Your heart is going crazy. Calm down."

*

You never really know what you have until it's gone. Until you can no longer call it yours, until you can no longer hold it like it is yours. But when it's gone what can you do? There's no going back and changing it, what's done is done. Sucks doesn't it?

Kiki sits at the bottom of the wooden stairs inside her shared apartment. Or once shared. She sits in silence, holding the gray house phone in her right hand as she holds her head up with the other. She sits thinking, only if she stopped 20 minutes ago maybe everything would be okay, maybe he would still be with her. Just 5 minutes ago August walked in, in the worst situation ever. Her sleeping with another man.

He stormed into the room, face red with anger. Eyes filled with hatred and betrayal. He stomped into the bedroom, yanking the guy out of the bed and nearly killing him until Kiki pulled August off. In a panic, the man ran with only his car keys. Clothes still sloppily thrown across the room. When the front door closed August turned towards her, nostrils flared and breath harsh.

His eyes held so much anger that it looked like he was about to blow. He walked slowly toward her, not taking his eyes off of her. She retreated until she could no longer.

"The fact that you brought another nigga into my house and thought you could get away with it is unbelievable." He chuckled and sighed.

"What happened Kiki? Thought we were happy. I'm Done." Small tears started to run down his face as he harshly wiped them away. He grabbed his key and made his way towards the door, slamming it.

As soon as that door closed realization dawned on her. What has she done? Now here she is sitting on the stairs.

The phone ringing brought her out of her trance.

"Hello?" She answers without looking at the caller i.d. Voice cracking from the crying.

"Hello is this Kiki?"

"This is she."

"Do you by any chance know an August Alsina?"

With that statement she rose from her seat on the cold stairs, wiping her nose with her sleeve.

"Yes, he's my boyfriend." Ex now.

"You are listed as Mr. Alsina's emergency contact. He has been in an accident and is being transported to St. John's Hospital."

How could one sentence almost physically and mentally kill you? Kiki's heart dropped, breath stopped and eyes widened.

"Ma'am?"

Kiki cleared her throat, snapping out. "Uh yes. Where is that located?"

Kiki raced to the kitchen, scrambling for a pen in the junk draw as the lady told her the address if the hospital.

The whole way to the hospital the car was silent, except for her random outbursts. Cries, screams, banging her fists against the wheel, but no matter how much she tries nothing helps to ease her imagination.

Pulling into the hospital parking lot Kiki jumped out, racing toward the front desk.

"Um, excuse me." She was anxious, bouncing back and forth from one foot to the other.

"Yes, how may I help you?" The middle-aged woman looked up at her, adjusting the glasses that laid at the tip of her nose.

"August Alsina please?" It was rushed and more on the harsh side. Kiki chews at the side of her lip as the lady types away on the computer.