Chapter Seventy

-Justin's POV-

Have you ever gotten a feeling where your stomach was in knots and you couldn't breathe?

Where you felt butterflies in your stomach?

You were so consumed with so much happiness you felt like you were ready to explode?

Everyone around me was gathering their things to get ready to see Kacey but I held back. What if it's a trick? What if my mind was playing a trick on me again? Mel grabbed my hand to try to pull me with the crowd but I held back. "Justin what's wrong don't you want to go see Kacey?"

I guess Doctor Johnson heard her because he looked back at me and Mel. While the others started to wait for the elevator, he stayed back. "Hold up."

He walked over to me and Mel and gave me a look full of concern. "Justin are you okay?"

I wanted to say yes but I didn't want to lie to him. "Are you positively sure that she's awake?"

"I'm gonna leave you two alone to talk," Mel went over to the rest of them to wait for the elevator also. Dr. Johnson looked at me and cocked his head to one side. "Do you honestly think I can and would lie to one of my patients or their families?"

Now I feel stupid. I repeatedly banged my head against my head lightly. I exhaled loudly and rubbed my face. "I'm sorry. It's just.. This all feels like a dream."

"Well it's not. Kacey is up and doing fine. I know you missed her terribly so go and see her." Dr. Johnson walked behind me and started to push me towards the elevator. The doors finally opened while he was pushing me and some people came out so he pushed me right in.

Once on it everyone patted me on the back, trying to cheer me up. I'm guessing Mel told them I was a little upset.

"Time to meet your future wife," Chaz said while the doors were closing.

"Watch it," Mr. Martin said.

~~~~~

-Kacey's POV-

I was still on the hospital bed looking at all the decor and gift bags and balloons. I wonder what day it is.

"KACEY!"

I shielded my ears from all the shrieking and then was suddenly attacked (and suffocated) with hugs. Lots of hugs.

"I missed you so much mon amour."

"Kacey you scare me like that again I'll personally kill you myself."

"I missed you wifey."

"Okay. Okay you guys act like I've been gone for an eternity."

They all stopped with their embraces and my mom put her finger under my chin so I could look at her. "Kacey do you know what today is?"

"September 12," I said in a 'duh' way. I only went asleep and these people act like I died. Mom began to hold me some more and I felt her crying on my shoulders. "Ma it's okay. I was only asleep."

"Sweetheart no you weren't just asleep." I looked at dad and back at everyone else. "Daddy-"

"Honey you were in a coma for two months."

No. He has to be joking. Not me. I was asleep. I felt like I just slept for like a couple of hours. "I was-"

Mom threw herself on me and we hugged and cried. Then it seemed like everyone else was crying. "I could've-"

"No Kacey. You were never going to die. You had family, friends and the people of Ćenàla with you. I raised a strong woman and you made it." She kissed me and hugged me once more.

I don't know what made me look at my hand but I did and I noticed something sparkle in the corner of my eye. Mom released me from the hug and I looked down and saw the ring on my ring finger.

I'm engaged?!

"Daddy! Why do I have a ring on my finger? I can't marry sheikh Michael daddy how could you?!"

I can't having news throwing at me from left to right. Daddy mouthed gaped open. "I didn't arrange this. Besides its not a marriage ring. It's a promise ring."

I laid back into the pillows on the bed and folded my arms across my chest. "I'm not promising to marrying him nor anybody."

"Does that include me Princess?"

I looked into the room to see who said that and Chaz, Khalil, Twist, Mel and Cookie started to clear a pathway for someone. And when I mean by someone I mean Justin.

My Justin.

"Justin what are you- what do you-"

He came over towards me and grabbed my hand. Then he kissed it. "I gave you the promise ring love."

How could he? But he said he didn't-

"Wait. You told me you didn't want to be with me."

"Baby that was because I didn't want to hurt you. But I did some thinking and you made me into a better person. A better man. I can't see myself without you. I'm sorry I hurt you baby. I promise to never hurt you again and be the best man I can ever be to you. I promise to marry you one day and be the husband that you've always dreamed of. Hopefully when that time comes, the best father to our little one." He kissed me on the hand and held our foreheads together.

"I accept your promise." He smiled at me and kissed me on the lips this time. He held up his left hand and showed me that he also had a ring on his finger also. "I'll keep my promise."

Everyone clapped for us and I beamed in embarrassment. "I hope so cause I still want to know how to drive sir. By the way, what day is it?"

"November 15."

Dr. Johnson put his phone back in his pocket. "I missed my fucking birthday?!" Justin laughed and said yea. He nervously rubbed the back of his neck.

"Don't worry Kacey. Everyone brought you presents. Besides we'll help you make up for it." Cookie came over and kissed me. I cringed.

"Father God help me."

*****

Comments: 3+
Votes:10+
💋💋💋💋