Chapter Forty Six

I woke up still on the lawn chair. Taking a look around my surroundings confusingly, I took out my phone. I had 10+ missed phone calls and twenty three text messages.

I decided to answer them later. I needed to check on Kacey. I got out of my chair and went towards the elevator.

Exiting the elevator and going down the hallway, I saw Kareem and he was looking frantic. Once he saw me, he headed my way.

"What's wrong with my sister?"

'Uhm , she's depressed and won't tell me why. Oh and she kissed me.'

"I don't know. What happened?" I lied.

"I came to check up on her after I was finishing up some work for my company. When I reached her door, the door wasn't open and I kept trying to get her to open up. But she wouldn't. She won't even tell me what's wrong with her."

Kareem gripped his hair and blew out a puff of air.

"If she won't tell us, maybe she'll tell her friends. I'll call Cookie and Mel."

"Good and then tell them to tell me what's wrong with her? I never seen my sister depressed. Its really scaring me," Kareem said.

I looked down and everywhere else but at Kareem. He couldn't know his sister likes me.

And I like her too.

"I'll let you know wassup. See you later Kareem."

I headed towards my room and grabbed my cell phone again out of my back pocket. I went to my contacts and went to Cookie's contact.

The phone rang three times before picking up.

"Hey baby daddy," she said while smacking on something.

"Cookie how many times do I have to tell you that I don't like you like that," I rolled my eyes.

"If I suck your dick will that make you love me?"

I laughed a little. God help this child.

"Who the fuck yo nasty ass talking to now? And what happened to your boyfriend Xavier?" I heard Mel say in the background. I rolled my eyes at her voice.

"He pissed me off early so fuck him right now."

I heard Mel laugh and Cookie redirected her attention back on me. "So about my offer?"

"Not likely but I need your help."

"With?" She said while smacking again. I removed my phone from my ear. That shit irritating. I grabbed my card from my wallet to let myself in the room and slid it in the slot.

Once I was in, I took off my shoes, socks, and my shirt. I placed the phone back up to my ear.

"Who you on the phone with anyway?" Mel interrupted again.

"Justin a.k.a my baby daddy."

"Ugh, what he want?"

"Look I don't have time for your fucking attitude right now. But something is wrong with Kacey. She won't talk to me nor Kareem. So can you both please get her to talk her you about what's wrong with her."

"Yea. I'll check up on her. I'll call you later. Bye Justin," Cookie said.

I nodded even though she couldn't see me. I hung up and threw my phone on the bed. I need a shower.

-Kacey's POV-

Still laying on the floor, I just stared at the ceiling.

Thinking of the kiss between Justin and I. I couldn't help myself, I just had to. The kiss was perfect, but wrong timing.

I heard my phone ring and I groaned. Why can't people just leave me alone? In my sulking and depression.

I groaned while getting up off the floor in search of my phone. It was under the coach.

Not bothering to look at the caller ID, I just went and answered it.

"Hello?" I answered dryly.

"Kacey?"

"Yea, its me. What do you guys want?" I asked them while walking towards the bed, taking a seat.

"Nothing. Look what's wrong with you? Why do you sound so depressed?" Cookie asked me.

I rolled my eyes. I wish people will stop asking me that same question. I groaned loudly.

"What the fuck do y'all want? Can't y'all leave me alone?" I begged. All I needed was time to myself. Jesus that's all I asked.

"One I don't know who you talking to and two we're just trying to help because we're your friends Kacey," Mel said.

I smacked my lips, rubbing my temples in the process.

"I'm sorry. Its just too much going on right now. My father won't accept my liking to Justin-."

"Pause. Wait, you like Justin?" Mel asked

"As in relationship wise?" Cookie added.

"Yes but I don't know if he feels the same way and its just everything else in my life that's wrong right now," I vented to them.

I was meaning to tell them about me being the princess of Ćenàla yet. But unexpected things happened in my life all the time so it just slipped my mind. I am going to tell them though. Eventually.

"What else is wrong besides you trying to get with my husband?" Cookie asked.

I mentally rolled my eyes.

"Other things that we'll have to sit down and talk about. There's something else that you guys don't know about. I'll just have to tell you when my uhm.. vacation is over with," I half-lied to them.

They stayed quiet for a second. "Guys."

"Why can't you tell us now?" Cookie asked.

"Cookie quit getting on her nerves. If she's going to tell us some other time, she can tell us some other time," Mel said.

"But I'm tryna help."

"Nawl, you just nosey as fuck," Mel said.

They are always arguing. I don't see how they put up with each other.

...

How do I put up with them?

"Hey. Stop arguing. Look I'll catch up with you guys later."

"We'll call you tomorrow babe. Get lots of rest and try not to dwell on your problems too much. God wouldn't give us a challenge he knew wouldn't be able to handle. I love you Kacey."

"I love you baby girl," Cookie said.

I looked up at the ceiling, hoping not to cry again. "I love you guys more. Bye."

"Bye," they said in union.

I hung up the phone. Needing to take a shower, I went into the bathroom and stripped of my clothing. I turned on the shower head and grabbed a towel, washcloth, and soap.

Jumping in, I took a quick shower. Today was exhausting and all I wanted to do was sleep.

Once I was finished, I dried off, put on some lotion and. deodorant. Then I searched for some night clothes which was a old T-shirt and shorts.

Finally, I crawled into bed. Wishing that today was a dream.