Chapter Fifty Six

I slammed the door shut behind me and begin to walk towards the elevator.

"Justin!"

I rolled my eyes and lazily turned around towards Chaz, who was running to me. "We wasn't done talking to him and you shoot him. You was supposed to do it afterwards," he chastised me. I raised my eyebrows and silently asked him 'Are you done?'

I inhaled deeply. "Look he was pissing me off. Now he's dead and I'm out."

The elevator doors opened and I climbed in.

Fuck this job.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

It's been almost two weeks and Kacey still hasn't woken up. I've been by her side the entire time. The doctors filed that she was in a coma. They hooked her up to breathing tube, which is a tracheotomy. Her lungs began to collapse and her organs began to failed.

Now when I look back on pulling that trigger on Trevor, I thought I would feel some closure but I haven't. Kacey is still in the hospital fighting for her life. I began stroking her hair and kissing her hand. Silently praying to God to please let my baby girl live.

I heard that door being opened and I saw Doctor Johnson walking in. He began checking her blood pressure, IV's, heart rate, etc.

"How is she?" I asked him.

"Slightly better. Her heart rate is increasing," he informed me while writing down her reports.

Not the news that I wanted to hear. I looked back at Kacey. All I wanted to do was tell her that I loved her and that I wanted her. That I wanted to be together and possibly wanted to start a family with her.

"Princess please wake up. I need you. Baby don't give up because I won't give up on you," I whispered to her.

"Look we are doing everything in our power to awaken the Princess Kacey and your wife. I won't rest until she awakens."

I slightly smiled and thanked the doctor which was barely audible. I was surprised by his determination. He really did care about his patients.

"Sir if you don't mind me asking do you have any children?"

Shocked by his question, I looked down and shook my head. Why would he ask a question like that? Smiling a bit at the thought of her being pregnant with my child gave me some happiness.

I pictured Kacey's sonogram, her belly getting bigger. Her weird pregnancy cravings. Her wobbling around and me having to help her around and doing some things that she'll struggle with. Like tying her shoes, shaving, bending down to get somethings.

"No we don't have any kids."

"Are you planning to?"

"Hopefully when she gets better."

Doctor Johnson gave me a small smile. "A little girl or boy?"

"Both. I just hope we don't have two girls. I wouldn't mind but my God girls are a lot to handle and take care of."

"No argument there. I have four girls. They always want things, to go shopping, always needing money, arguing with each other. There's never a dull moment with them," he laughed. I laughed along with them. Women.

"But I wouldn't want my life any other way. I'm thankful for my queens." I smiled at the doctor and pictured what my life would be like with kids.

"Anyways I have more lives to save so I'll catch up with you and Kacey later." I nodded and looked back at Kacey.

He exited the room and I heard him say hello to somebody. I looked to see who he was talking to and it was Kareem.

He gave me some dap and then gave me a hug. Kareem gave Kacey a kiss on her forehead then he sat down in a chair that was right beside me. "How is she?" He asked.

I shook my head. "She made some progress but not much. Her heart rate is increasing," I told him what Doctor Johnson told me. He heavily breathed in and out.

"Well at least she's getting better.... Hopefully." I nodded in agreement with him.

"Where's your parents?"

"Oh about that. My mom told me that she wouldn't let my dad come up here since he's still pissrd at you. She said if you and him got into an altercation and Kacey woken up, it'll upset her and she doesn't want that."

So the King is still upset with me.

"Look my dad is being stupid over being mad about you falling in love with my sister. He acts like you did that shit on purpose when you haven't. Look I give you and my sister my blessings and wish you nothing but happiness. My dad will come around eventually. And if he doesn't kill you."

I laughed a little at Kareem's joke and he joined in. "Thanks Kareem."

"No problem but if you hurt her again, you know I'll have to kill you right?" He said while putting his hand on my shoulder and lightly shook it.

I smacked my lips and shoved his hands off my shoulder. "You probably can't even hold a gun. Besides, I've been trained for years so I can grabb the gun out of your hand before you pull the trigger," I said.

Kareem eyes widened. "You can do that?"

"No shit."

"Oooo you gotta teach me that."

I smirked at him. "We'll see."

He then smacked his lips at me and I laughed. I felt someone lightly squeezed my hand and I looked down. Kacey was being responsive. "Did you see that?"

"See what?"

"Kacey. She squeezed my hand." I told him. "Can you hear me?" I asked her.

I expected her to squeeze my hand again but she didn't. My hope then began to get smaller and smaller. "Kacey?" I asked her, waiting for her to do or say something. But all I heard was the beeping of the monitors that she was hooked up to.

"Justin don't rush her recovery. Just let nature's take its course and let God handle it. Its going to be okay," Kareem said. I looked at her hand disappointingly and now my hope was completely gone.

"My sister is a fighter. We're Martins and we are going to get through this," he said.

I hope his words of encouragement would turn into a reality.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

Comments: 10+
Votes: 20+
💕💕💕