Chapter Twenty-Four

"Justin how could you be so mean to her like that?" I asked him.

"Cause I don't like her," he said in a 'duh' monotone.

I rolled my eyes and descended up the stairs to the front door. I walked in and Justin followed, closing the door behind us. I saw Wyatt still standing by the door. I was going to kill him for calling me Princess in front of Mel and when I told him not to.

"Wyatt," I said.

"Yes ma'am," he said while still holding that same stance he held for 2 hours straight.

"What have I told you about calling me by my formalities? I thought we been over this already," I told him.

He gave me a blank expression as I stared at him, waiting for an answer.

"Leave Wyatt alone," I heard Justin say. "No he called me 'Princess Kacey' in front of Mel. I could've been caught," I explained to Justin.

"Wyatt just don't call her Princess in public or in front of her friends," Justin told him while sitting on the couch.

Does whatever I say comes one ear and out the other or they just don't care about what I want or say? It's like my dad all over again.

"Ugh just forget it," I said while swatting my hand at both of them.

"Kacey," I heard Justin said.

"Yes," I said while going into the kitchen to find me a snack. I was famished. Justin got up and followed me to the kitchen and I went into the cupboards to search for some chips.

"I have a question."

"Which is?" I stood on my tippy toes to try to reach for the Doritos that I wanted but since I was only 5'3, you know I was struggling.

Justim came up behind me and grabbed the bag with ease. "Thank you," I said while grabbing the bag out of his hand.

"When's your brother coming in town?" He asked me. I opened the Doritos bag and grabbed one out, crunching on the cheesy goodness.

"Thursday. Why?" I asked him on why he was so curious on when my brother was coming.

"No reason. Just wanted to be prepared."

I arched my eyebrows at him and grabbed another chip. "Okay. And what are we going to do? I'm bored. I want to go do something," I said.

"Like?" Justin said. I gave him a confused look. What do I want to do?

Beach? Nope. Arcade? Never. Amusement Park? Maybe.

I began pondering my other options until Justin said "Let's go on a walk."

"Where?" I asked not caring at this point. I just wanted to get out of the house. "Will Rodgers State Park. One of the best hiking trails in L.A," he said.

"Can we go now? I'm dying of boredom," I asked him.

He chuckled at me. "Sure. Let's go change and I'll tell Wyatt that he can go home or wherever the hell he going," Justin said. I giggled.

I don't believe he can ever go a day without cursing. I went up the stairs to my room - in search of hiking clothes. I went through my drawers and closet to see what I have.

Not really having anything, I put on this white and black gym suit with black Nike's.

I also put on some sunglasses too, not wanting anyone to recognize me. I threw my hair up in a messy bun since I was being lazy and didn't feel like looking decent. I laughed at myself. Gosh I am so lazy.

I walked out of my room in search of Justin. Dang! My phone.

Entering my room once more, I quickly grabbed my phone from the dresser and turned back around. Bumping into a larger frame, I quickly gained my balance and looked up to see Justin.

"Ready to go?" He asked me. He began looking at me and turning me around. Giving him a confusing look, I asked, "Justin what are you doing?" I backed up from him.

"Just inspecting you."

"Uh-huh," I nodded slowly, "let's go," I told him. He is... a weird individual.

The ride to the hiking trail was extraordinary. Los Angeles was a beautiful city. The way the sun kissed my sun. The way the breeze wisped through my face. The cars I've seen looked incredibly expensive. The grassy hilltops and planes looked luscious and I had a desiring urge to through it.

"Justin this is amazing. More than amazing this is astounding," I told him. Blabbering and trying to describe the sights that I was seeing.

Justin smiled at me. "You like?"

"I love."

"Well wait until the see the trail."

A few minutes later, we were driving on a dirt road until Justin saw a parking sign. He drove by it and we saw numerous cars. Parking by a black Jeep, Justin killed the engine.

I undid my seatbelt and got out. Him following.

I waited for him to lead the way since I obviously didn't know where to go. We began walking in silence while I awed at the scene.

"Absolutely beautiful," I told Justin.

"I know right. Perfect place to think and get inspiration."

"Justin if I may ask. Why did you choose to be a guardian for my home? I know its absolutely dreadful sometimes and I know my father can be a pain," I asked him.

My father is so controlling, sometimes narcissistic, and intolerable at times.

Justin sighed and proceed to explain. "Well my father used to be a guardian too. He used to guard your grandfather and grandmother many years ago so your family is very close to my father. And I always wanted to be like my dad so I wanted to be my dad. To protect royal families, so he pulled some strings and Voila! I am now protecting Princess Kacey Christine Martin," he said while curtsying me.

I laughed at his gesture. "Justin stop before people start wondering about what you are doing," I told him while getting him upright.

"Let 'em wonder, keep them on their toes."