Chapter Fifty Three

He began to walk me into the room until I heard Mr. Martin say something.

"You will not speak with my daughter. Bad enough you let her get into Trevor's clutches but she gets shot too. And the nerve of her to fall in love with you," he jabbed at me.

My mouth slightly opened. I don't even know how he exactly found our location and how he even kidnapped Kacey. But I can say that it was my fault that she got hurt. He got out of his seat and stepped in front of me.

"Listen Mr. Martin-"

"No you listen. My daughter will not be allowed of this relationship. You go in there right now and tell her that you too can not have anything but a platonic relationship. Also you will guard her from afar like I should have kept it from the beginning and make it seem like you disappeared," he snarled at me.

"Mr. Martin you can't be serious. I love your daughter and would never hurt her."

Mr. Martin laughed sarcastically. "Love her? All you are going to do is try to manipulate my daughter into thinking you love her, use her for sex, and then dump her like she's nothing. I simply can not have her hurt."

"Justin do you want to see her some other time?" The doctor interrupted the heated argument between Mr. Martin and I.

"Ethan stop -."

"No Carmen. I don't even know him personally. How do I know if he is the type of man Kacey deserves. Racism is still going on today. And its hard enough seeing people judge other people by their race. A color of someone's skin. I just don't want my family hurt," he told Mrs. Martin.

"Hold up sir, I'll be there with her in a minute," I told the doctor. "Now look Mr. Martin, I view Kacey just like I view everyone else. A person. Your daughter is so beautiful and deserves nothing but the best. She deserves to be given the world on a silver platter. I love her. Its not like we planned to fall in love. It just happened," I explained to him.

"Justin-"

"Ethan. Let's talk. In private," Mrs. Martin said. "Justin go speak with Kacey." Mrs. Martin grabbed Mr. Martin's hand and they walked off to somewhere private. Seemed like everyone needs to talk in private. Mr. Martin looked back at me and if eyes could kill a person, I would be dead where I stood. The doctor lead me into Kacey's room where she was hooked up to many monitors.

All the color looked drain from her skin so her usually sexy brown chocolate complexion looked flushed. Her naturally glow was completely gone. She looked tired and depressed.

"I thought you said she wanted to see me?"

"Well Justin, I needed to talk to you in private. I think you need to take a seat."

I gave him a confused look. Take a seat for what? Isn't Kacey okay? Didn't he save her and she could be released from the hospital in about a couple of weeks?

Anticipation was killing me.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"Please take a seat Justin. I'll explain to you what's happening to Kacey until you sit down."

Blowing out a breath of frustration, I took a seat on the chair beside Kacey's bed and he soon followed. He placed Kacey's file that he was currently holding and placed it on the counter.

"I don't really know how to put this." He began to have a look on his face, trying to think of ways to get his words together.

"Look Doctor whatever -"

"Johnson."

"Doctor Johnson. Just tell me. I have enough shit going on in my life. Whatever you are about to tell me can't be that bad," I said.

Doctor Johnson licked his lips. I could look him in his eyes that his next words were about to be awful. "Justin that bullets that hit Kacey's back hit her heart, some veins, and the right lumbar section of her stomach. When removing those bullets we took it to the lab and saw that the one that hit her heart was poisoned with arsenic."

My breathe hitched and I felt like the world was spinning. I grabbed my hair and than ran my fingers through it.

"What's arsenic? I mean you gave her some medicine right? She's going to get better right?" I babbled.

"Arsenic poisoning or arsenicosis is a condition caused by the ingestion, absorption or inhalation of dangerous levels of arsenic. Arsenic is a natural semi-metallic chemical that is found all over the world in groundwater. And since the poison set into her heart, I'm afraid she's not going to make it. I'll give her a good year or so until it completely shuts down her organs and cause her heart to go into cardiac arrest. But we have the best doctors and specialist that are coming with an antidote."

Tears came rushing down my face one by one. "So what you're telling me is Kacey isn't going to be alright? My baby is leaving me in a year?" I whispered. I looked over at her.

I failed.

I didn't keep my promise to her.

"I'm so sorry and she could possibly die."

I wiped the tears from my eyes and calmly left the room. Going down the hall into the waiting room, I saw the Kareem and Mr. and Mrs. Martin. They looked at me with pleading eyes wanting me to tell them what has happened to their beloved child and sister.

"Is she okay?"

"Can we see her?"

I ignored all of their questions and left. I couldn't look them in the eye and tell them what the doctor had told me. I hate delivering bad news. I walked outside and immediately began hearing footsteps behind me.

I stopped by the railings on the side if the hospital and angrily clutched them.

I couldn't believe Dr. Johnson was telling me some bullshit that Kacey could possible die from arsenic poisoning.

Please God, don't let her die.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

Well, isn't that fucked up...

Anyways for the next update

Votes: 15+
Comments: 20+

Love you 😘😘😘