Chapter Forty Four

-Ethan's POV-

"Have you decided on what to do with the decline in job employment?" The chancellor of Edonia asked me.

"Yes sir. The job employment decline has something to so with people not having a high school diploma and not having a degree in college so I was thinking-."

I heard a door being closed and everyone got quiet. I looked to see what has caught everyone's attention.

My love.

Carmen.

In she walked and it seems like my spirits have heightened and gotten happier.

Not knowing that I've walked up to her, she bowed to me and I chuckled. She was so adorable. I bowed to her too and we both sat up.

"Sorry I'm late," she blushed.

"You've came just in time sweetheart."

Still oblivious to the fact that everyone was watching us, we still held each other gaze.

I grabbed her hand and placed a kiss on her. "You look amazing."

"What does Prince Ethan sees in her?" I heard a female voice whisper, breaking us out of each other's trance.

I cleared my throat and announced everyone to continue what they were doing. They did as told. I grabbed Carmen's hand and we left the ball.

Out into the garden, we were sitting in a gazebo. Laughing and enjoying each other's company.

"So how long has its been since we meet up?" Carmen asked me.

"Three days, twelve hours, and-," I glanced tat my watch "thirty two seconds."

She giggled at me but I was serious. I missed her so much. It seemed like an eternity since we last talked.

"Seems like someone's missed me."

I placed a kiss hungrily on her lips and she kissed back. I began to crave for her.

"You have no idea."

She pecked my lips again and held my hands.

"Have you told your parents about us yet?"

I cringed when she asked me. I still haven't told them even though we've been seeing each other for two months now.

"No, but Carmen-."

She let go of my hand and my heart broke at her gesture. "Ethan what excuse have you come up with now? Why won't you tell your parents about us? Am I not worthy of them to know? Are you embarrassed by me?"

I shook my head, grabbed her waist and sat her on my lap. She held her head down, not even wanting to look at me.

"Baby look at me."

Her being absolutely the stubborn thing that she is didn't look at me.

"Carmen."

She huffed out in frustration and finally looked at me.

"Honey I could never be embarrassed by you. Its just .... Well things are kind of complicated with my family and it's going to take some time for me to tell them about us. I'm going to tell them soon but not at this moment."

'And I hope they would accept you as you are and not judge you by the color of your skin.'

I sighed. My parents are so fucked up.

Still judging people by the color of their skin instead their characters.

"Prince Ethan."

I looked and saw one of my servants calling my name.

"Yes."

"King Zachary would like to speak to you and the young lady in about five minutes."

Bloody hell.

I started getting sweaty and shaking a bit. I was getting nervous as hell.

"Okay. Thank you."

Carmen smiled at me. "This is good news Ethan."

I managed to stir up a smile and looked at her. "I guess you can say that."

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

We walked back into the palace and I told Carmen to stand by the steps. I walked to my Father's office where all the family meetings and talks were held.

With each step I took going up the stairs, my hands got clammy and I got more and more nervous.

Reaching his door, I took a deep breath before knocking.

"Enter."

His voiced boomed against the wood and I opened the door. Closing the door behind me, I looked down and turned towards my father. Mom was also in there by his side.

He had his right leg over his left and both hands over his desk. He was pissed. She was rubbing his arm, trying to calm him down

"Take a seat Ethan."

I sat in one of his chair.

"Where is she?"

"Where's who?"

He banged his fist against the desk, making me jump in his seat.

"All these women in this very palace and you choose some nigger whore."

I sat up in my seat. I was so tired of him calling her these vulgar names.

"You will not speak of her that way. Her name is Carmen and she is a lovely woman."

I saw him go red in the face.

"Sweetheart why can't you go with someone inside your race. That's why we've held the ball. For you to find a lovely woman."

"I have mother. Its Carmen."

Father inhaled and exhaled loudly before he said, "Bring her in."

I got out of my seat before going to get Carmen. She heard me coming down and I grabbed her hand.

We descended up the stairs. "Baby I want you to know that whatever my father says to you that I love you and don't care what he says to you. I will always love you and nothing will change that."

Carmen gave me a confused look. "Oookay," she dragged out.

I kissed her once more before entering my Father's office.

Once she walked in, its like his eyes shot daggers at her. We sat down in front of Mother and Father.

"Its such a pleasure to finally meet you Mr. and Mrs. Martin."

Dad sarcastically smirked at her. "I wish I could say the same thing."

Carmen looked at me and back at my parents.

"Huh?"

"What are you to my son?"

She gulped nervously and answered him.

"I'm his girlfriend."

He laughed at her answer and got out of his chair, walking towards her. Once he got to her, he bend forward in her face.

"No your not. You're just some whore whose trying to use my son. You're a nigger whore."

I pushed my dad off of her and grabbed Carmen. Placing her behind me to protect her.

"You will not talk to her like that you asshole."

"Watch your mouth Ethan."

"Fuck it. Come on Carmen. Let's go."

"You leave with her, I'll make sure you regret it."

I sent him a hateful look. "Watch me."