Chapter Forty-One

-Kacey's POV-

Remembering that I had to call Mother and Father, I grabbed my IPhone and called PPP.

The phone rung three times before someone finally answered.

"Hello Princess. What can I do for you?" The person said, acknowleding me in instantly.

I closed the French doors that I left opened and took a seat on the sofa. "Hi, are my parents in?" I asked the agent. I was getting mentally prepared for whatever argument Father would start today.

I heard shuffling on the phone before I heard Mother's voice. "Hello? Kacey?"

I sighed and placed my feet on the couch, leaning against the armrest. "Yes Mother. It's me."

"Oh honey I'm so glad to hear your voice. How did the flight go?"

Horrible. I heard Justin talk to another girl on the phone.

"Great," I lied. "I caught up on with Kareem," I told Mother.

I heard sniffling over the phone and Mother whispering 'oh my god.'

"How is my baby boy? Oh how I miss him so much," she expressed to me. I know how much Mother missed Kareem. Kareem was a absolute momma's boy.

"He's fine ma. He's actually doing wonderful," I told her.

I heard more shuffling over the phone. "That's good. Where is he? I want to talk to him?" Hearing the concern in Mother's voice was heartbreaking for me.

She misses Kareem more and more everyday.

"He's currently talking to Justin at the moment but I'll call back as soon as he's finished," I told her. I got off of the couch to grab my water bottle and sat back down, taking another swig from it.

"Oh, and honey I really want to say I'm sorry for your Father's behavior. He's just overacting and over the top as usual."

I rolled my eyes and threw my head back. I am so tired of Mother apologizing for him. He's a grown man, he shouldn't need people apologizing for him. I ran my fingers through my hair to calm me down.

"Mother, I really just don't really care at this point. I understand what he wants for Ćenàla and wants to help me succeed but I can't do this right now. I'm twenty years old and I want to marry who I want to marry. Michael is a great guy but I don't think he's the one for me," I told her.

"Kacey you stop that nonsense right this instance."

Whoops! Look like I said to much. Father was now on the phone.

"Dad please don't start this," I told him. I didn't fell like arguing. Its way to early for this. "Kacey, you only met the man once. I promise you you'll fall in love with him once you two talk more and become in active in one another's lives."

Its like he's giving me the same speech over and over. I can't fall in love with Michael if I like someone else.

"Father just stop. I don't want to fall in love with Michael because I like someone else."

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

-Kareem's POV-

Leaving Kacey's room, I went straight to Justin's. Before I could even knock on the door, Selena Gomez walked out the door. She had a pissed look on her face before she saw me, then she gave me a flirtatious smile.

I waved at her and walked in Justin's room. I closed the door behind me.

"What was Selena Gomez doing walking out of your room?" I asked. Justin was sprawled out over the bed with his forearm over his eyes.

"Getting on my damn nerves."

I chuckled and sat down besides him. Justin then raised up in a sitting position. "So did you find a lead on how snitched about Kacey's and I location?" I wanted to get straight to the point.

"No, not a clue yet." Justin said.

"We can't let Trevor get to Kacey. God knows what he'll do to my sister," I told him. Its frustrating not knowing who to trust anymore and constantly keeping at eye out for danger.

"Hey, I told you that I'll protect her and I always will," Justin said. I side eyed him.

"Do you like my sister?" I asked him.

His eyes got big. "I mean, I like her as a friend. Not like like like."

"Good." I told him she shaking his shoulders. "Because if you hurt her, I'm going to kill you," I smiled at him.

*****

After the talk with Justin, I went back into my room to retrieve some documents my assistant sent me. I had a ton of paperwork to do and sign.

I have a major project coming up that could help single and young mothers and helping them look for jobs and homes.

Its called Finding Hope and its going really well. I already have vouchers and celebrities campaigning.

I reached my suite and got out my card. Sliding it through the slot, I waited for the light to turn green to open the door. Stepping in I turned on the light and got to work.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

"What did you say?"

I sighed. Can't turn back now. "Daddy I like someone. I mean as in relationship likewise and he's a really good guy," I told him.

"I will not allow this Kacey. You will not disobey me like your brother did," he growled in my ear. I licked my lips and began shaking in my seat.

"No dad. Kareem became his own man and you're just upset that he didn't become the man that you want him you be. Face it dad, you can't stand to not control anything and everything in your life," I spewed to him.

"Kacey, Ethan that is enough," I heard Mother say in the background.

"Who is he?" Father asked

"Jesus."

I hung up and flung my phone on the floor. Letting out a scream, tears rolled down my face. I began throwing things that is was in my view and that it was in my grasp. Letting out all of my frustrations that I've held.

I grabbed a vase and smashed it on the floor, cutting my hand in the process but I didn't care. I went to the mini fridge and grabbed the Hennessey bottle.

Never been much of a drinker but I needed to numb the pain.

I twisted open the bottle and places it to my lips.

Bottoms up.