Chapter Fifteen

We drove up to the drive thru and ordered what we wanted. I wasn't really familiar with McDonald's so I just ordered what Cookie had. She ordered a double cheeseburger with no onions, extra pickles, medium fries and Dr. Pepper.

"Y'all want some cookies too?" Mel asked while shifting her eyes from me to Cookie.

"Oh so you just gon eat me?"

"Gurl bye. Don't nobody want yo stale ass cookies." Mel said while turning her head back to the window, ordering 3 chocolate chip cookies.

"Fat ass."

"Heard that trick."

I laughed and pulled out my phone looking through it. I was debating on whether to call my house number and see if anybody would pick up. I really wanted to speak to my mother and father to see if they were okay. When we were done ordering our food from McDonald's, we were currently on our way to Justin's house.

"So what is he's address?" Mel said pulling up to a red light and digging through the McDonald's bag. She pulled out a couple of fried and stuffed them in her mouth. I grabbed the piece of paper Justin gave me.

"Stone Canyon Road," I read off the paper. I folded it back up and slipped it back in my pocket. Melinda reached back into the bag and grabbed more fries.

"I don't see why we ordered fries knowing damn well they never make it back to their location," Cookie said. Mel wiped her mouth of grease and salt. She turned towards Cookie.

"Whatchu tryna say?"

"I'm saying yo fat ass always want to eat up the fries."

"Aight mother-."

"Lights green," I yelled out for things escalated quickly. Mel rolled her eyes and pressed on the gas. We drove up to Justin's gate and Mel stopped.

"Are you sure this is the place?"

"Yea just hit the button," I told Mel. She rolled down her window and leaned over to press the glowing green button. We heard cackling until we heard a male voice through the speaker.

"Names."

"Kacey, Cookie, and Melinda," Mel said.

"Hold on." He dispatched. We all sat in silence waiting for his return. The gates finally opened and Mel pulled up the cobblestoned driveway. She killed the engine and pulled the key out the ignition. We all hopped out and grabbed all the bags out the car. We walked in the house and was greeted with smoke. The house was filled with smoke.

"I smell weed," Cookie said. Mel laughed.

"C'mon let's take the clothes up in my room," I told them while nudging Cookie's shoulder. "Lead the way." We passed by the guys who were on the couch with dazed look in their eyes. Twist was passed out with something between his middle finger and index finger. Justin was laid back with his hands in his pocket, taking a puff of whatever they was smoking. Chaz was sleep and Khalil was on his phone. I led Cookie and Mel up to my room, placing the bags in my closet.

"Well damn," Cookie said while placing the food on the bed and setting the clothes in my closet. "this is nicer than my 1 bedroom apartment."

"True," Mel said. I laughed. They have no idea what my actual home looks like. "Do you want us to help you put yo clothes up?" Mel asked me.

"No, I'll do it tomorrow. Thanks for helping me."

"No problem. You still coming to Club Ecstasy with us?"

I had to ask Justin since I'm still somewhat in hiding of my Uncle so I'll ask him later.

"Speaking of which, what time is it?" Cookie said while looking at my gown. I really got to call a seamstress. Mel pulled out her cell phone and pressed the home button.

"It's 7:53 and let's go eat so we can hurry up and go."

Cookie grabbed the food and ran out the door, leaving me and Mel. Mel placed her hand on her head and blew out air.

"How the fuck do I deal her?"

We followed behind Cookie to the kitchen.