Chapter Thirty

The next morning, I woke up to tears stain on my pillows. I looked at my bedside table to look at the clock. 1:13. Last night, I couldn't sleep.

Not with all the stress, thoughts and worries in my head. I swung my feet over my bed and sat up. Stretching, I got up out of bed.

I checked my phone and tried to see if I had any miss calls, texts, notifications or anything but nothing came up. Then I realized that I put my phone on airplane mode last night. Taking it off I had three missed calls and five text messgaes from Cookie.

I went to my messages and went to her thread.

'Answer the phone.'

'I know you see this goddamn phone ringing.'

'Kacey.'

'You are going to that double date whether you want to or not.'

'KACEY .'

Then I checked for some more text messages and missed calls that I had. I had a missed call from Kareem and two texts from him.

'Can't wait for tomorrow. Finally gonna see your big head self.'

'Going to be there at around 5:30 or 6.'

I gave a small smile at Kareem's messages. At least I can finally vent to someone and be reunited with my brother. I miss him so much. I sent him a quick text.

'I can't wait. I'll meet you at the airport. Love you.'

I also had a text from Mel.

'I have GOT to tell you about something that happened to me last night.'

Well atleast she sounds like she had fun. I placed my phone back on the bedside table. I went to my closet and to find something to wear. I decided to try to find something to do today.

I need to blow off some steam and get my mind off all this. 'Life just keeps getting better and better,' I bitterly thought to myself. Once I got my outfit, I went into my bathroom to run a hot shower. Then I placed my hair into a messy bun.

I stripped off my clothes and tossed them into the dirty hamper. I hopped in the shower. The water instantly relaxing my muscles. Steam began surrounding the bathroom and I moaned at the hot water repeatedly hit my skin.

I should get a massage. As soon as I was done showering, I dried myself off and lotioned myself with cocoa butter.

Then I put my clothes on and went downstairs to get me something to eat. "Hey Kacey." I saw Chaz in the living room and went to hug him.

"Hey Chaz. Where's Justin?" I asked, heading to the kitchen. "Oh he is in the office on the phone. Then he was going to check up on you," he said while following me.