Losing Focus

Recap: Punk an Christie finished their date and now they reached the hotel and are walking to the lobby.

Christie P.O.V

This date with Phil really was amazing. I can't deny it. But every now and then I'm still troubled about the fact that I couldn't tell him about Roman...does this mean Phil is making me change my mind?... We head for the elevator.

Punk: Well it's 11. Not bad timing huh?

"Yeah haha.."

Punk: would you like me to walk you to your door?

"No it's okay. You've done enough. You deserve to rest. Ill see you at Smackdown on Friday."

Punk: Alright. Goodnight.

Punk kisses me on the cheek and gets off at his floor. My floor is next and I get out, head down the hall and open my door.

"Layla I'm back!"

-"I'm coming Ill be out in 3 minutes"

I take off my shoes and sit down on my bed. As if right on cue, Eve knocks on the door and I let her in.

Layla: Is that Eve?

Eve: Yeup it's me!

"She's gonna out in 3 minutes."

Eve: okay. So how was it?

"Well... remember the date Punk asked me to be his girlfriend, the one on the beach during the sunset?"

Eve: Yeah of course I remember you loved that date!

"Well that's what he did for me. He reenacted that date."

"What he did!?" Layla asked shocked walking in the room.

Eve: That's a really big deal, did he pop the question of getting back together?

"No not exactly but he gave me this speech about how much he misses me and he wants back what we had together. And he told me he never stopped loving me."

Eve: Was this before or after you told him you wanted to be with Roman?

"A-actually.. I d-didn't tell him.. I couldn't do it." I said ashamed of myself."

Layla: I knew it! But why not?...Don't tell me you guys kissed?

I put my face in my hands then looked back up at them. "Yes... He kissed me!"

Eve: That's not the point. How are you and Roman going to make things official if punk doesn't know.

"I guess I forgot to tell you guys.."

Layla: Tell us what?

"I told Roman I need to take a break and take time to think about everything and focus on my career. That was last night. And I haven't spoken to him since."

"Uhh.. So what now?" Eve asked slightly confused.

I'm going to sleep. Go to the gym tomorrow and get ready for Smackdown. My career is my only focus right now.

Layla: What about Seth?

"Ill talk to him and work something out. As of right now I wanna sleep"

Eve: Alright. Ill see you girls tomorrow morning for a workout and then we have to go out for signings and promo stuff.

Layla: Oh I completely forgot.

"I never knew. I haven't checked my email. Well ill see you tmrw Eve. G'night."

Eve: G'night girls.

The next day

Christie P.O.V
Thursday 9:00 a.m.

I woke up to another beautiful morning in NY. I felt very refreshed.

"Time for a new start." I got up and headed for the bathroom to take a shower and brush my teeth. By the time I was done Layla had just woken up. "Rise and Shine Lay!" I told her.

Layla: *yawns* Morning... you seem happy. What's up?

"Idk. I kinda just woke up feeling good."

Layla: Well I guess that's really good I'm gonna freshen up and we can head to the gym.

While she was in the washroom I checked my phone. I had a text from Eve saying she'll be downstairs in 20 minutes. I replied and got ready.

"...Uhmm, Christie?"

"Yeah Lay, what's the problem?"

"You sure you're okay...because I want to make sure you're not hiding anything and that you are actually fine"

"Honestly I feel good right now. Maybe I am trying to just keep all the thoughts out of my head but I think I deserve to have a clear mind"

"You're right Christie. Lets go I'm sure Eve is waiting for us"

(A/N kk so I need to get this chapter going. I'm skipping passed the workout and the entire day and going straight to Friday night Smackdown)

Michael Cole: Im here with my colleague JBL and we are here in Buffalo, NY. And welcome to Friday Night Smackdown!

Christie P.O.V

Tonight I've got a tag match with Layla against AJ & my opponent on Monday, Kaitlyn. I'm very confident in Layla and myself, but with all the biggest distractions strolling around backstage I'm losing focus and getting worried.

Layla: Hey gurl, you okay ? Your mind seems elsewhere..

"Huh, oh.. ill be fine, just a bit nervous. That's all"

Layla: Well I hope so. Don't worry we will be fine. And our match isn't for another 30-45 minutes. Just relax.

"I will. Thanks Lay" I smiled at Layla and she walked away towards Randy.

I decided to head around the corner to stretch a bit and relax. When I turned the corner I bumped into Roman.

Roman: Oh I'm sorry Christie I didn't know you were coming!

"It's okay. Well I've got to go. I have to stretch before my match." I tried to walk away quick before anything happened, but he grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

"Why you in such a rush you've got plenty of time before your match." Roman pulled me closer to him "Your not trying to avoid me are you?" he smirked.

"Roman I don't have time for this I have a match I need to focus. But I will say sorry for not speaking to you yesterday...you know how I feel about you. But I just don't want to let that get in the way of everything else."

Roman just smiled. "What?" I asked confused. He just pulled me to his body and hugged me tightly.

Roman: It's all good what you just said made me happy and makes up for yesterday.

"I'm relieved. But now I really have to go"

Roman: You need me to help you stretch

He smirked at me. "Aha, no I think I can manage." I waked to a small area and started stretching. 5 minutes into stretching someone tapped my shoulder, but I ignored it.

-Hey you don't wanna speak to me? I thought after a great date you'd be a bit nicer to me.

I turned around to face Mr. Best in the World. CM Punk. "Sorry I didn't mean to be rude.. I just...just have a lot on my mind.

Punk: Whats the matter you stressed?

Punk had a serious look of concern. "Yeah I am. Just the usual. have a lot going on." I could tell by his expression he felt bad for me.

Punk: Sparkle you just need to try and relax. I know I'm a big reason why you're stressed but I can't help it if I love you

"Please don't say that." I wasn't trying to hear that right now. Punk was about to speak but he was cut off by my phone ringing.

"Hello?"

-Hey Christie...it's Matt.

"Oh hi. Wh-what's up?"

Matt: Jeff told me about the argument. He seems really upset but he hasn't been the same. I was hopin you guys could talk things out.

Punk: Who's on the phone?

Just as punk spoke I heard Jeff yell in the background. "I'm NOT speaking to her. I don't need her!! Especially if she is with that jackass punk. And i know shes with him right now. She wants to go off on me when I'm the only one that is always there for her she can stay out of my life!!"

"Ohh that's who's on the phone" punk said softly. Jeff was yelling so loud I'm sure anyone could hear him.

"Jeff stop being so immature. You know you guys can't stay mad at each other forever!" Matt yelled back at him.

"Oh yeah watch me!"

Where you going?! Sorry Christie I'm really trying."

I felt tears coming and it was so hard for me to speak. "It's okay Matt...thanks anyway." I hung up and didn't bother looking at punk I just walked away from him.

"Where you going. Your gonna let him come between us again!?"

"That's not it Phil! I just can't take all of this. I have a match and I'm not even the least bit focused."

"I'm sorry to hear that but you know things have always been this way. You've gone through tougher times"

"I feel weaker mentally everyday. I'm tired, idk what to do. Just let me go."

"No Christie. I'm not letting to of your hands. You have to listen to me..c'mon look at me."

All I did was lift my head up to meet with punk's eyes. He began leaning in and as soon as our lips were about to touch...

-Hey Christie I forgot to give you this, you left it--

I gasped in shock and Roman just stood there stunned not knowing what to say. "Roman I uh-It's not...

Roman: I just came to give you your necklace u must have left it with me..but I guess I was interrupting...

Roman began slowly backing away "Yeah. You kinda did interrupt." Punk said coldly not caring how roman felt.

"Phil stop don't do that."

Roman: No it's okay. Ill leave you two alone. I know where I stand now. *leaves*

"ROMAN WAIT!!" I was heartbroken. I couldn't believe what just happened.

Punk: Well I guess we should-

"NO! IM DONE WITH THIS. JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!!"

I stormed away from Phil and Layla came toward me. I guess I did a good job of hiding my feelings at the moment.

Layla: Christie lets go we're on next!

I walked to the curtain and waited for my music to hit. When Layla and I got to the ring AJ's music hit and she skipped to the bottom of the ramp, and my opponent on Monday walked out. Kaitlyn. Her and AJ stepped into the ring and she had a mic in her hand.

Kaitlyn: You know, you may be fooling everyone out here but I notice something a bit off abut you Christie. You don't have that usual spring in your step. Are you upset? is something wrong?

Kaitlyn grinned and I glared at her with my fist balled up trying so hard to contain my anger. Layla realized and tried to calm me down.

AJ: You know what Kaitlyn, your right! But what about Layla. Extra happy because of her new boyfriend. But it's just a matter of time before he dumps your sorry little ass.

Layla jumped at AJ but I held her back.

Kaitlyn: tonight will just be a taste of what will happen on Monday. I'm gonna pin you and become #1 Contender and prove that your not good enough to even have a chance at being divas champion. Just like you weren't good enough for the former WWE champion ...CM Punk

I went off and jumped Kaitlyn punching her and pulling at her hair. Finally the reff and Layla were able to get me off and the match started with Layla and AJ.

They locked up and Layla gained the upper hand quickly. She threw AJ to the corner and ran to her with a drop kick. Then she pulled AJ to our corner and tagged me in. I was fuming all I wanted to do was hurt someone so I took al my stress and aggression out on her. With all my strength I launch her to the corner and she hit her back and fell to the ground. I dragged her to the middle and went for the pin.

1....

2...

..and she kicked out. I was even angrier now so put her in a double leg submission. She got to the ropes but I didn't let go until the ref got to a count of 4. Then I put her in an abdominal stretch. She didn't tap but then began kicking me and elbowing me in my stomach causing me to let go. She ran to tag Kaitlyn but I grabbed her leg and ended up being kicked in the head.

Punk P.O.V

Christie was all over the place. I have never seen her this aggressive. When AJ kicked her in the head I was worried. Kaitlyn came in with a smile on her face. She hovered over Christie and was throwing punches at her. Just as she began fighting back, she was picked up and Kaitlyn rammed her knee right into her midsection. I could tell she was really hurt. Kaitlyn was gloating and Sparkle couldn't even get to her feet, she was lifted to her feet just to be slapped.

Christie P.O.V

This b***h did not just slap me. That triggered something because I gained all this energy and went off on her I planted her Bella style and went for the pin.

1...

2...

Michael Cole: And AJ comes in and saves the match.

JBL: Oh here comes Layla-

Cole: And AJ side steps throwing Layla outside the ring. Kaitlyn still hasn't gotten up.

I saw AJ send Layla flying out the ring. I was yelling at AJ and Kaitlyn came from behind and rolled me up

Cole: Kaitlyn's gonna steal one!! 1...2...And Christie stays alive. John how did she get out of that?!

JBL: idk but she just slapped Kaitlyn to the floor and kicked AJ in the head.

"That's what you get" While yelling at AJ I saw pictures pop up on the screen and I froze. I felt like breaking down. I was then spun and speared right to the ground.

JBL: This was a setup! distraction and lack of focus is gonna cost Christie.

1....

2.....

.....3!

Here's your winners, the team of AJ lee and Kaitlyn!!!

The left the ring and I laid there in pain. Layla finally got in the ring and was trying to comfort me.

***Backstage***

I limped through backstage holding my midsection ignoring everyone who called my name. I couldn't do this anymore. I feel like I'm having a nightmare I can't wake up from.

We finally got to our locker room. And I just cried, not caring how I look right now. There was knock on the door and someone walked in.

Layla: Seth now is not a good time.

Seth: I'm not here to talk about me. I'm here to talk to Christie and help her. Can you give us a few minutes please Layla?

"Alright fine. If you need anything just call me kk baby girl?" I nodded my head and Layla left.

Seth sat down beside me. "You don't have to talk just listen to what I have to say."

I wasn't looking at him I just kept my head down.

"I know about you and Roman." My eyes widened but I didn't dare look at him. "I know about it and I'm perfectly fine with it. I figured out that Layla probably set things up before telling you. So I just wanted to tell you, I'm going to step back and let you be with roman, if you choose to. Roman doesn't fall to easily for people. So I know how special you are to him" I looked at Seth, "that's the best thing I've heard all night. Thank you Seth, that means a lot to me." I was really surprised but glad to hear it. And knowing I just hurt Roman made me upset all over again.

Seth: Hey I know it hurts now but you are probably the strongest girl I have ever met. Inside and out. You WILL get through this. No matter what things will get better. Lets go outside.

We walked to catering to be met by Eve, Layla and and other superstars and divas. My best friends were glad that I was okay.

Eve whispers to Layla: I'm surprised Seth was able to get her back up again.

Layla: Yeah me too.

I noticed Eve & Layla smiling at me strangely... "What?" I asked slightly confused with a small grin on my face. When I suddenly felt a sharp pain on my ribs. "Oww!"

Layla: Whats the matter. your ribs still hurt?

Eve: You need to go see the doctor and get checked up.

"Yeah your probably right. It hurts so bad!" tears started filling in my eyes.

Seth: I wish I could help you but I'm on in 3 minutes. Ill be back as soon as I can. Please take care of yourself.

Seth left and we headed to the doctor.

*25 minutes later*

Dr. Alright well they are bruised, but not too bad; you will be fine by Monday just take it easy don't do any heavy lifting or running and relax!! I can't stress that enough.

"Alright, ill try. Thanks doc." By the time I left the doctor Smackdown had just finished. The doc wrapped my midsection and I haven't even changed From my ring attire. Once I got my bag from the locker room I got another phone call.

"Hello?"

-Hey..Christie..it's Matt again.

"What's up..."

-it's Jeff...

........

...................

............He's in the hospital..

A/N- OhNooo Jeff!! what happened to him. What a bad day. Everything is going downhill. What happens next?

Sorry for the long wait. Hope this chapter makes up for it. Xoxo