The real reason, & the promise.

Christie P.O.V
10:30 a.m.

I woke up in my hotel room, and I was feeling good. Today was another beautiful day in NYC. I got out of bed and went to brush my teeth and bathe. When I got out of the washroom I was in my bathrobe brushing my long black hair. Layla was already awake. She and I shared the room. Layla is also one of my best friends.

Layla: Morning Christie!

Me: Morning Lay! You seem extra cheerful this morning. (She always was a morning person, which really helps when you're apart of the wwe)

Layla: Oh, do I? doesn't seem like it to me, all I did was go down the hall to see Eve & Kelly...hehe

Eve is also my close friend, and so is kelly, We just aren't as close as I am with Layla and Eve. Although Eve is champion, and plays a villain on tv, we are still great friends outside the ring.
I've known Layla long enough to know that she's lying.

Me: LAYLA!.. I know that look, what happened?

Layla: WELL...

A smirk began to grow on her face, I've seen Layla like this before and there is only one explanation....A certain WWE Superstar.

Me: WHAT HAPPENED?!

Layla: I RAN INTO RANDY IN THE HALL!!

Layla was screaming and she had the biggest smile on her face. She's been crushing on Randy Orton for a very long time, and I know she would do anything to be his girlfriend. Ever since he got divorced early this year, she's been starting to drop hints. she knew she could never flirt with a married man.

Me: uhh...thats it--

Layla: HE ASKED ME TO GO OUT ON A DATE TONIGHT!!!

Me: OMGG!!! LAY I'M SOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!

I gave Layla a hug and she hugged me very tightly. I didn't mind since I knew very well how long she has been waiting for this.

Me: Okay, i'll get dressed the we can go get Eve and talk about this while we go down and eat breakfast at the hotel cafe.

Layla: Alright!

I got dressed in black skinny jeans, beige converse and a light purple tank top that showed my belly button. And then we went down the hall to go get Eve.

*Knock knock*

Eve: *Opens door* Heey girliees, what's up?

Layla: I have big news! I've already told Christie and I need to let u know. You wanna have breakfast with us?

Eve: Alright! Kel already left to go out with Drew. (McIntyre)

*At hotel cafe*

Layla told Eve the whole story, this time she told us in full detail exactly what happened.

Layla: So, what do you think?

Eve: Aww, Lay That's amazing! I'm so happy for you, he's definitely gonna ask you to be his girlfriend!

Layla: you sure about that?...

Eve: Of course I am, don't you agree Christie

Me: Yeah, definitely!

Layla: idk guys, I'm glad he finally asked me out, but I just don't know what I'll do once I look into those beautiful BLUE eyes, get close to that amazing body.. he makes me melt, but what if I get too nervous, and.. what if I just freeze!!

I could see how nervous Layla was getting, and by the look of concern on Eve's face; she was just as worried as I was.

Me: lay that won't happen--

Layla: NO, IT WILL I JUST KNOW IT, YOU GUYS HAVE TO COME WITH ME!! We can do a triple date!

Me: Lay I'm not so sure about that, you know how crazy things have been for me.. I've got my #1 contender match coming up and I don't want anything like dating or a boyfriend to get in the way of winning the title.

Layla: Please!! I really need you guys right now..Eve, you'll do it won't you.

Eve thought for a moment..

Eve: fine ill do it, but I wouldn't know who to bring.

Layla: Are you kidding me?! Any superstar would want to go out with you, your gorgeous, c'mon. And.. a little birdie told me that Cody Rhodes has a little crush on you...and so does none other than mr. John Morrison!

Eve's face lit up. "John really.. interesting." she smiled a bit "I always thought he was kinda hot" she started blushing.

Me and Layla exchanged looks

Me: Hold on..do you like him Eve?

Eve: well.... it's not that. I've just had my eye on him lately. But because of you know who; I haven't really been able to talk to him as much as I would like.

Layla P.O.V

Christie and I knew exactly who Eve was referring to. We didn't bother to say his name because we knew how much just the sound of his name gave Eve chills. If only he could take no for an answer and would just leave her alone.

"Well why don't we call John over here right now, there's no sign of... you know who.."

Eve looked around before agreeing

So, I called John over to our table.

John: Morning ladies, what's up?

Christie: Did you hear that Randy and Layla are going out on a date tonight?

John: matter of fact I did, he was just telling me about it not too long ago, said he's really excited. and.. don't tell him I said this but he's also kinda nervous.

We were all in shock. But then I realized
"That's perfect!" Everybody look at me confused. "I mean... I'm also a little nervous so I was thinking we could make it a triple date." I could see John was still a bit confused so I nudged Eve under the table so John wouldn't see and signalled Christie for us to leave.

Christie: Uhh, John I gotta go do something and I need Layla so.. we'll let Eve explain.

Eve P.O.V

Haha, What great friends I have. At least they didn't make things too obvious. Layla and Christie left and John took a seat across from me, and I could see lay and Christie in the background giving me thumbs up.

John: So Eve, what's up cause I'm still kinda lost.

"Well Layla was very nervous about her date with Randy and she wanted me to come along. So I was wondering, if you wanna be my date?"

John put his head down then looked back at me.

John: I'm so embarrassed.. I should be the one asking you out, but I was too nervous to actually do it. You're so beautiful, of course ill go out with you on the date tonight!

I was really happy and John made me feel very special. "That's great! and you're too sweet! so ill see you tonight."

John: Alright, see you then!

***
Christie P.O.V

Eve came walking back to us and I could see the smile on her face. "So by the look on your face I'm guessing it all went great?"

Eve: Yup, perfect! I'm glad you talked me into this Layla and thank you both for what u did!

Me & Layla: No problem!

Layla: Now it's just left with you Ms. Christie Sky

"Layla I don't want to go, I have to stay focused on what's important, the divas title."

Layla: Are you sure that's the only reason, is it because of what happened with Phil? (C.M Punk)

"What! why would this have anything to do with punk?! We broke.. I mean.. he.. broke up with me.. almost 2 months ago."

It still hurt to say it, but I hated showing this side of me.

Layla: Yeah...But! Neither of you have been in a relationship ever since and you avoid him at all costs when I know he still really cares about you!

My heart started racing, I hated talking about this. I was getting a bit upset and I guess Eve noticed.

Eve: uhmm.. Lay, can I talk to Christie alone? oh look, there's Randy why don't you go let him know about the double date.

Layla: Alright, fine. *leaves*

Eve: Why don't we go back to your room and talk.

We walked to the elevator and waited, once it came we stepped in but just as it was about to close someone stopped it. It was none other than the straight edge superstar himself. I froze for a bit, then I came back.

Punk: Hello Eve. Hi..Christie, I haven't heard from you in a while..

I couldn't handle the tension, I didn't bother to look at punk or say anything

Eve: Nice to see you too Phil.

I could feel his eyes on me and I knew him and Eve were making lots of eye contact but finally; After what felt like forever punk's floor came.

Punk: Later.. Although you don't want to speak to me, it was nice seeing you up close, good luck with that match on Raw.. ill be rooting for you sparkle- *leaves*

*gasp* my heart skipped a beat! I can't believe he called me that, I haven't heard that name since before we broke up...

The next floor up was ours. We finally got to my room and I used the key card to unlock the door. We went in and sat on my bed. There was a moment of silence until Eve hugged me.

Eve: It still hurts I know, I know. But you can't let that stop you from loving again, or at least giving other guys out there a chance.

"I know, you're right... but I'm scared"

"Of what, getting hurt again?"

"Not only that, I'm afraid I won't be able to get over the pain I felt when things ended with punk. And that.. I won't be able to love anyone the way I loved him..."

I started feeling a lump in my throat and it was getting harder to speak.

"I admit, I do still care about him, a lot"

"I know what it is, you're also afraid to fall for him all over again" Eve said.

It still amazes me how well she knew me, its no wonder Eve and I are such great friends. "Your exactly right, idk what to do Eve, I didn't wanna turn down Layla but I'm just not ready."

"I'm not going to try and talk you into going, I know your not ready but. Take my advice, you need to stop holding onto this fear. You are a beautiful girl, I'm sure any guy would jump at the chance to be with you. I promise you I will help you through this but, on one condition.

This made me a bit nervous "Whats your condition Eve?"

"You promise me you will trust me and you will open your heart to possibilities."

"Isn't that 2 conditions?" I said a bit confused.

"They go hand in hand, can't have just one.. so, what do you say, you promise?"

"I promise." I was starting to feel better. But I knew I was in for a crazy ride.

Eve: Oh! and one more thing.

"Yeah?"

Eve: When I feel like the time is right... you will talk.. things out.. with CM Punk

"Uhh...."

A/N - Well first chapter!! what do you think? what's Christie gonna say, how will the date go for Layla and Eve. And what does the future hold?