The Necessary Partnership

Nightwing's POV
Never in my life would I think I would have the displeasure with teaming with Slade. But, I have no choice in this situation. The world needs saving, and I'll do anything to save it. But, even with that mentality, my stomach still turns seeing Slade walk at my side. We just need to find Raven, and fast.

We traveled underground, saying nothing to each other but I had some words for this bastard. "Why'd you do it? Money? Power?" I asked while still walking cautiously in the underground "No, Trigon had something I wanted, and in order to get it I needed to help him." he explained, and my anger grew towards "How'd that turn out for you?" I rhetorically asked, poking fun at him. Suddenly, Trigon's fiery servants appeared. I took out my shock staff, and Slade took out his swords. And we started fighting, together.

After a couple of minutes, we took all of his servants out. Suddenly, Slade got punched in the face hard by a servant who appeared suddenly in front of us. I took him out quickly, and turned around in shock and terror to see Slade's mask off and all that is there is a skull. "Oh my god..." I murmured, not believing what I'm seeing. He picked his mask up and put it on "What happened?" I asked "During our last fight with my Titans East, I fell into the lava and died. Trigon revived me, but I was merely a walking skeleton. He promised me if I could bring Raven to him, he would give me my flesh and blood back." he explained, and all the anger I had for him turned to understanding. I'm still angry at what he did to the world, but in his defense, I wouldn't want to walk around looking like the Grim Reaper too.

We continued into the undergrounds, and while walking with Slade it just looked like he is a man running on borrowed time. He's sluggish, in very bad physical shape, almost no cardio, and lacking in skill. It's like he's a different person. We made it to a large door where a large,10 feet tall, weapon wielding, deadly looking solider guarding it. "That's him, the Guardian." Slade said, and without hesitation I walked towards the Guardian. I'm not afraid of him, I'm coming to rescue Raven and that's exactly what I'm going to do. Slade followed behind, and took out his pistols and started shooting at the guy while I threw birderangs at it as well. Nothing budged him, and he roared and charged at us. Obviously, hand to hand combat isn't going to work at all. We dodged out the way, and he completely hit the wall. We then noticed something, he's not bright. "Get the door open now!" Slade exclaimed and started shooting at the Guardian. I didn't hesitate and ran to open the door with brute strength, but when I understood I couldn't do that so I stuck a sticky bomb to the door and blew it open. I turned back around to see the Guardian running at Slade, so Slade dodged off the edge so the Guardian would follow "Slade!" I exclaimed, and looked over the edge to see both of them gone.

After walking in the door, I saw a little girl with a white cloak, purple hair, crying on the ground. Is that...? "Raven?" I asked, and she looked up at me and ran. Wait! I ran after her and grabbed her "Please don't hurt me!" she pleaded "I'm not going to hurt you. I'm a friend." I told her and picked her up. What the hell did Trigon do to her? "We're going to fix this Raven, but first you need to help us. Can you do that?" I asked, and she nodded. So, I started carrying her back, hoping that she cures us of this hell.