My Birthday

Raven's POV
I sprung up quickly, and looked around to see nothing but fire in brimestone around me. "You cannot stop him." I heard, and looked around to see where these mysterious voices were coming from. I have to calm down, emotions will only drive him closer to me. "He shall rule everything." I heard again, and got on my feet and into my fighting stance "Who the hell is talking? Show yourself!" I asked, demanding these people, or demons, to be revealed. A large pillar then sprung from the lava below with his symbol on it while the voice said "He is coming." and fire engulfed my entire site.

I then leaped up from my nightmare with a blood curling scream. After regaining my composure, I realized the entire team is in my room "Happy Birthday Raven!" they all screamed, and returned to my same non enthusiastic attitude. "You didn't have to do this." I said while getting up from my bed "Of course we did! This is a glorious day to celebrate!" Starfire said as I put my cloak on and walked out of the room. I wanted no part on celebrating this horrific day. All I want is for it to be over, and fast.

I tried meditating in the living room, but flashbacks of that bone chilling nightmare kept repeating in my head. It's like he already knows where I am, but that's impossible... I hope. "Raven!" I heard from behind me, to see Beast Boy and the other carrying a cake. Goddamnit. "I don't eat cake" I said and turned around to meditate again. "Awh c'mon! At least blow out the candles!" Beast Boy pleaded, and just so they shut up I went over there to acknowledge this unneeded celebration.

They started singing happy birthday to me, and I just pleaded in my head for this retched song to be done and over with. I then took a glance at the cake, and fire started surrounding me with demons coming out of the cake saying "He is coming." I panicked, and used my powers to exploded cake "Whoa! When I said blow the candles out, I didn't mean it literally!" Beast Boy exclaimed, and I just walked out the room. I can't deal with this. Please allow this day to be over quickly. "Raven! You wanna tell me what's going on?" Dick ran out and asked me. I stopped, hesitating if I should answer honestly or not "Nothing, I just don't like celebrating my birthday." I said, and all of a sudden the alarm sounded. For once I am glad to hear they annoying sound because it gets everyone attention off of this day.

We opened the front door, to see a young teenager fall in front of us. "Eddie!" Beast Boy exclaimed and ran to his side "You know this kid?" Nightwing asked "He's the one I was telling you guys about. Kid Devil. But, he looks normal now." Beast Boy explained, and my heart started racing "Gar...he took it...he took my powers..." Eddie said softly, seeming like he has trouble talking "Who took it?" Beast Boy asked "I don't know...he called himself...Brother Blood....he said to tell you....he is coming." he said, and I stumble back not believing what I heard. "Oh no..." I exclaimed and all eyes were on me "Its starting, we need find him quickly." I said and put my hood on "What do you mean? What's going on?" Nightwing asked, and all I could say is "It's my birthday."